Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]The Tyrant realizes that once the world burns it gets really boring....

Team SEC:
Bear Worship
Jorts
War Damn Anyway
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(May 9th, 2013, 22:38)fluffyflyingpig Wrote: You are missing the most dangerous airplane hazard: runway incursion. Most likely way you can die on a plane!

I covered that outcome with Ground Collision (I prefer "Bad Taxi"). Although a lot of the time you could just file that under Pilot Error and be as accurate to describe it. The really awful ones are when the air traffic controller gives bad instructions and the pilot does what he is supposed to. And then an incoming plane lands on the taxiing plane. Runway Incursion.

But whatever, I guess no one like that scheme. But I've yet to see any suggestions other than smoke Bob Marley. smoke

Oh, and in a shameless bid to drive lurker interest I'll steal a page out of Commodore's playbook and offer to name units for lurkers. Or if you guys would have more fun just picking your own names for things, whatever. If they're inflammatory or insulting to anyone around the forum it's probably just a bonus. mischief

And I just remembered something else, but that belongs in my other game thread. neenerneener

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(May 9th, 2013, 23:00)Commodore Wrote: Team SEC:
Bear Worship
Jorts
War Damn Anyway

SEC stereotypes? I can get behind this.

Or we could be less combatitive and name cities after GOOD things. In which case I nominate Toomers Corner as the capital, to commemorate the oaks being torn down.

I think anything SEC / rivalry related is going to promote our exercise in hate. Do we have no other good ideas?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Maybe we can name our cities for different things that are "byzantine":

Taxes
Politics
Civ Micro
etc.

There's a lot of room to be both creative and insulting, I think. If we're interested in either/both of those. And no one has suggested anything better yet.

byzantine:
a : of, relating to, or characterized by a devious and usually surreptitious manner of operation <a Byzantine power struggle>
b : intricately involved : labyrinthine <rules of Byzantine complexity>

TPS Reports?

Those sound rather byzantine.

(May 9th, 2013, 22:53)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: How about some helpful suggestions from our lurker scum? That never goes badly.

You could be blatant, and take names from Rick Astley's songs, L. Ron Hubbard's books (or Scientology books), and something from the BGN ImdB page.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Or we can mix and match from all three. He who plays the turn can name the city. lol

And if I don't like one of your names I can just rename it when I get the turn. neenerneener