For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Welcome to the Kuro Corporation! (Kuro and BaII)

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0804.jpg]

The end draws near...but we DID kill 10 Catapults!

So Kuro, what have you learned from this game?

(January 4th, 2014, 11:56)NobleHelium Wrote: So Kuro, what have you learned from this game?

I'll be posting a more in-depth post in the Lurker forum, but I would say off the top of my head:

1. I need to learn to analyze the game state better.

2. I don't think I took advice as well as I did in PBEM21, where I generally was pretty good about it save for the Judaism part. This is pretty problematic, especially since I like trying to be open about things. I definitely need to try and be more open in PB16.

3. My city management skills and mid-game skills are still poor, probably due to the fact I only have Monarch level SP experience, so I need to improve that. Though I think I did, at the least, manage to do okay in the opening game...though it was nothing special and related #1 I really should have realized I shouldn't be building out of this.

4. Not really a specific thing, but this was a pretty good kick in the pants after PBEM21, where I thought I actually did pretty good even if I didn't win. This time, well, I wouldn't say I had the worst game of all time or anything, but I played a pretty poor game, and it helped show me flaws. Hopefully, I can get those worked out!

5. I find Pitboss a lot more fun than PBEM games, I think I'll be wanting to stick to PB overall. On that note, despite me doing poor and losing, I did have a blast playing this until, like, the end when my turns were just "Join game, produce military unit, end turn". While I know this game has pretty little to be proud of, I am admittedly pretty proud of my defense against WilliamLP: I didn't go down until the end, made it difficult for him and held out a lot longer than I expected to. So if nothing else, I am glad I went down longbows blazing rather than just rolling over.

Oh, right, and I am also pretty happy that I stayed active throughout the game for the most part, aside from like a small 2 week bump where I played late, and even then I was rarely the very last person to play. Hopefully a few more games like that and I won't be Mr. PlayYourTurnington, huh?

Hey atleast u didn't get rolled over by Sedora with only knights :P
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(January 4th, 2014, 17:16)Kuro Wrote: While I know this game has pretty little to be proud of, I am admittedly pretty proud of my defense against WilliamLP: I didn't go down until the end, made it difficult for him and held out a lot longer than I expected to. So if nothing else, I am glad I went down longbows blazing rather than just rolling over.

I haven't gone through your thread yet, but thank you for fighting it out rather than just rolling over. In my first big push I thought I would just roll over your cities easily but you showed me otherwise and the correct use of your defensive cats got me to make one wrong move that was a huge setback. I learned a lot from this that I wouldn't have if you had just been mailing in your turns. (And you could have been forgiven for doing this.)