Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Welcome to the Kuro Corporation! (Kuro and BaII)

(May 15th, 2013, 16:03)Bigger Wrote: what are you building early on? I would assume settlers and workers, otherwise why did you pick Jao? so corn and deer are better than mines. and if you are whipping you won't be able to work the mines anyway, you'll need the food to regrow

1. We didn't pick Joao: This game used random picks normalized, so we were given Joao.

2. Don't forget that Barbs are on, so our REXing will also be limited by keeping our lands adequately protected. This means we need to sneak in military builds (Or get out a production city and pump out military from there all night long).

3. If I'm whipping, I have no need for hammers, just food and preferrably some commerce. This makes the fish superior to the deer. The point wasn't that I was going to make Mines: But if it was all about working improved tiles, you would. But it's not, it's all about getting the most of your tile yields, which is the whip, which is food with little care for raw production value because I am producing 30H per pop. Commerce to get tech faster, IMO, is better in this instance.

And 'ey, since I figure I might be, sorry if I'm being rude. I'm not trying to be, but I can be kind of abrasive I guess and the landlord is coming over (While I'm late on rent!) for his rent + I'm trying to work on another thing w/ a deadline today so I'm a bit high strung, ehehe.

I didn't think you were rude smile
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Alright, cool. Was just a bit worried I was coming off that way, heh.

We'll see. You haven't convinced me, but that does not necessarily mean that you are wrong.

(I also didn't think that you were rude, btw. If anything, my unsolicited advice was rude.)
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

I like unsolicited advice! I've certainly got a lot to learn, though I will admit I feel it is mostly towards the middle rather than the start.

(May 15th, 2013, 18:11)Kuro Wrote: I like unsolicited advice! I've certainly got a lot to learn, though I will admit I feel it is mostly towards the middle rather than the start.

hey that's y it's a Green's game. Also with the scout move, I am perfectly fine with it. Next should be 1 tile West of the Corn onto the desert tile to see if there is any Seafood resources, where we can found our second city.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(May 15th, 2013, 20:18)BaII Wrote:
(May 15th, 2013, 18:11)Kuro Wrote: I like unsolicited advice! I've certainly got a lot to learn, though I will admit I feel it is mostly towards the middle rather than the start.

hey that's y it's a Green's game. Also with the scout move, I am perfectly fine with it. Next should be 1 tile West of the Corn onto the desert tile to see if there is any Seafood resources, where we can found our second city.

Right.

So 1 NW, 1 SW, 1 S, 1 SE maybe?

Those movements look fine for me.

Not sure this is abusive or not, but the map script is Continents. As that is what civstats states. This means there are two continents right?