Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Welcome to the Kuro Corporation! (Kuro and BaII)

(May 12th, 2013, 20:12)BaII Wrote: Mhm, wonder when we will get someone else to host the pitboss server. I find nothing wrong with Sunrise hosting the pitboss server but when he is hosting all of the servers, it seems like disaster is bound to strike. When personal life get's in the way ofc there is going to be disruptions, and that is all reasonable. However if we had someone else hosting some of the games, not as many of them would get affected by this.

I don't know anyone else who does it, Teleh suggested it but he quit and I'm not sure I'd want him too. Sunrise has always been a good server host, so I think just going with him is fine.

WOOT THE GAME HAS STARTED :D, since u are not here, I will log in and do the opening moves, as we have already agreed on our initial moves.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(May 13th, 2013, 20:58)BaII Wrote: WOOT THE GAME HAS STARTED :D, since u are not here, I will log in and do the opening moves, as we have already agreed on our initial moves.

I'll get on too, just in case.

Also the password is BaIIKuro, we wanted worker start right?
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(May 13th, 2013, 21:02)BaII Wrote: Also the password is BaIIKuro, we wanted worker start right?

BaIIKuro, got it.

Worker first, yes. Tech to BW first. I wanted to check something before we do that.

EDIT: Okay, BW and the Worker finish at the same time, so it's all good.

Do you want me to snap pics of all of our stuff, BaII?

Turn one, STARTO!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0248_zps16bc9ccc.jpg]

We founded our capital on the spot, with me renaming it to Standard Oil, after Rockefeller's company (Note how I also used the name John D. Rockefeller: Both for flavour purposes and I think it also means they don't know which of us is logged in if we both do it! ...But I only thought of the second use after honestly, I just love me some flavor).

I'd say our capital is suitably insane. 5 food resources + 2 lakes that will give 3 food + 5 grassland, some rivered AND three hills for production. With 8 water tiles, most useful, this seems like very possibly an excellent place for Moai, especially with the Bearu future bonus.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0249_zps34d2ccfc.jpg]

Demographics. Starts are not mirrored. Also just remembered that CivStats should help with C&D, since it allows you to better see score changes and work out confusing numbers. Should be helpful!

Mousing over our name shows there are 2077 land tiles on the map. Seems sort of small? I am not really sure.

Move the scout 1 SW again for our next turn of scouting?

Any other info anyone wants?

Oh, we also have 8 forests for chopping, or 8 x 20 = 160 raw hammers pre-Math OR 8 x 30 = 240 hammers post-Math. I believe a single chop should be applied to the Worker with a Worker -> Worker opening, with our techs being Bronze Working -> Agriculture.

Another option, assuming I am correct and a 20 hammer chop into an Expansive worker is 30 hammers (and thus 2 chops = Worker) is to just put the chops into the worker, using two, and grow while building something else instead, maybe a Work Boat (30 H) to slave out when we get to 2 pop or a Warrior? Or a Warrior to get to 2 pop, then put 1T into a WB and slave it out...

Oh, another thing to note: When our borders expand, we will get a 3H Plains Hill, which will let us get our Expansive bonus. However, this will cause the Worker to complete before BW and waste Worker turns.

I recommend that we manipulate the production so that the Worker finishes 1T before BW (Thus allowing it to move into a forest 1T before BW comes in and chop ASAP).