I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

North Korea Part II- The Final Naming Scheme

what is Sisu doing?

He's not working that corn, but rival worst in food is 7...so I guess he also has a wet corn in the fog somewhere?

Swapping tiles + lagged stats?

Food-hammer conversion via settler build? It sure looked like he was working the copper tile for 6-yield in the other pic.

(May 29th, 2013, 17:35)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Ok then, so the current micro plan produces:

So this is largely unchanged other than a swap of Harding for and earlier Panem and World State.

(May 29th, 2013, 17:35)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: As for my idea concerning harassment units, it really is all about the element of surprise. They way I see it, conflict with Sisu is inevitable, for a number of reasons that I have already discussed. However, I really doubt that Sisu has come to the same conclusion, he doesn't know where our capital is and he doesn't know how crap our other avenues of expansion are. So what do you think the chances are of him guarding a city that is 10-tiles from us with more than a warrior or an axe? Again, he doesn't even know where we are! This is simply a perfect opportunity for a chariot alpha-strike on a city that is settled close to us which we can hit with one turns warning.
At what turn do you envision this attack happening? A one chariot alpha-strike can be effective if done early enough and if you take the 2nd half of the timer. And Sisu certainly seems to be going farmer's gambit.

(May 29th, 2013, 17:35)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Normally, it would be pretty stupid to attack an opponent who was that far away from you, unprovoked. But, considering how seriously an attack on a city by Woww would hamper his expansion towards us, I think it would be totally worth it, and the only cost would be a single chariot who might get some useful scouting info anyway.
I'm certainly not opposed to killing a fledgling city. lol Far from it. Still, the most likely response from Sisu is that "you're 20-tiles away and you've f-ed up my game and now I'm going to f- yours up." And so the holy war begins and we're stuck between aggressive Rome and holy war Sisu. So rather than saying, 'it only costs us a Chariot' we need to decide that the true cost is something that we can manage.

(May 29th, 2013, 17:35)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: I'm not entirely sure if we can beat him in tech. Keep in mind, this is all long term planning that could easily change. However, I don't think we could get macemen before him without ignoring other important techs, which just doesn't seem worth it. The one idea I really like depending on how our economy is looking is attacking with hordes of shock HA's around t140-150 as fast moving attacks are far better at calling people on farmer's gambits than slower moving ones.
Everything is set in stone until next turn. crazyeye

I like the HA alternative, of course. At that point in our development, if the attack went well we'd be able to keep cities. And it looks like we'll have the production to get a decent stack together. Still, I think that the macemen rush remains a strong alternative especially given our aggressive, Roman neighbour. Insurance plus opportunity.

(May 29th, 2013, 17:35)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: There is one grassland tile at our capital that is suspiciously unforested that could contain horses.
Yeah, I noticed that. Got my fingers crossed.

(May 29th, 2013, 17:35)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Finally, your proposed city spots,...
Yeah, I'm going to leave you alone on that one. Probably just my play preference rather than some optimal decision. It just hurts me to forgo the +2 health and missing the late game levess/dikes. I did start to like your dotmap more once I understood that you'd planned for caste by that point. Besides, you've simmed it, I haven't. So I really don't have a leg to stand on in this argument. smile

All three alternatives involve bloodshed. jive

Personally, I still favour the maceman rush because it's a plan to manage both of our two risks. It also plays well to the strength of Philosophical to turn that early advantage into a lasting land advantage. The GM cash conversion to power could really catch an opponent off guard. We might also pick up some wonders from Mr. Industrious.

Having said that, I'd certainly have fun watching the Chariot rush and help where I can.

Hey D-lurker, is it true that you don't have civ installed, or can you play a couple of turns this weekend. I'll be gone from 4 pm on Friday to 2 pm on Sunday EST. It's alright if you aren't, I'll just make a post in the tech thread asking for somebody to play those turns(which consist of moving 2 workers around).

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure if you can macemen rush considering that would take at least 140 turns to be able to build macemen wink

That being said, I think either attacking with horse archers or maces+cats or even knights if Sisu really screws up could all be viable, again we shouldn't get caught up in planning out the game 50 or 100 turns from now, it really depends on how we expand and how our neighbors expand. The one idea I really don't like is trying to chariot rush because he has copper right in his first ring and 1 spearman on a hilled city with 20% bonus can take down 6 chariots pretty easily. Shock HA have a much better k:d ratio.

Yeah, sorry no civ installed. frown I got that out of my house for a reason,....little bit obsessive. lol

Yeah maceman definately aren't a rush in the 'rush' sense.

When you say no chariot rush do you mean no substantial Chariot force or are you also calling off the harrassment/alpha-strike?

No, I still like alpha-strike. I give it maybe a 50% chance of working, but if it does work, it will be be huge. And if it deosn't... we lost 30 hammers. Though I get your point about signaling aggression, I still think it's worth it, because well, we do have intentions of being aggressive lol

Meanwhile, a chariot rush would have say a 70% chance of working(anything more than 1 archer or 1 spear would probably hold the city). But the cost of failiure is 180 hammers, that's almost 2 settlers! Definitely not worth it.

Oh, and our scout died to a wolf in the fog frown

Directions for Krill:

Turn 36: Worker(Julia) Continues to farm FP, Worker(Winston) Finishes Chopping Forest. The Warrior(O'Brian) is currently on the PH, if the Lion which was 77 of it moves 3, then move O'Brian 6 for one turn.

Turn 37: Worker(Julia) Continues to Farm FP, Worker(Winston) Moves to the PH Wine hill. If O'Brian had to dodge the lion, then move him back to the PH wine to gaurd the worker and settler. Airstrip One stops working the PH mine and switches to working the rice and 2x FP. Airstrip One begins production on a warrior.

Turn 38: Found the city on the marked spot 1S of the Corn. Worker(Julia) Continues to farm FP. Move the worker(Winston) 1N and start roading the marked tile. Have the new city start to build a warrior while working the corn tile.

Turn 39: Worker(Julia) Continues to farm FP, Worker(Winston) continues to road the marked tile

I doubt we'll get in 4 turns, but better safe than sorry, I also put signs up in the game in case the instructions weren't clear.

Password: zaq12wsx

Got it. I logged in to the game to see how it all fits together (and if anything was missed) but it looks good. Hope you have a good weekend. smile
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Overview

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0031.jpg]

F9

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0032.jpg]

Event log

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0033.jpg]
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18