I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

North Korea Part II- The Final Naming Scheme

Overview

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0036.jpg]

F9

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0037.jpg]
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Alright, I should be able to pick up the next turn, so don't worry about that. Thanks Krill.

Anyway we're not looking too hot expansion wise right now, I think we're 8th to a second city, but things should be looking up soon. Our second city is like the perfect early game city. Gold for early commerce and wet corn so we have the food able to work it. Also, it makes for a decent worker pump. Our capital is looking very good, thanks tothose FP tiles being quasi-grassland farms. We're gonna grow up to size 4 and build a settler working the FP farm, one bare FP the rice and the PH mine for 12 fhpt, that will be improved to 14 fhpt once we pasture the sheep. Our third city will fall on t47 and our fourth on t64, from the past games I read, 9-10 cities should be pretty compettitive for t100 and that is more or less where I'll be at.

Oh and Brick/Xenu/Boldly predictably built Stonehenge

Alright, small report

Horses are very conveniently located at our planned fifth city. This city will be a production powerhouse, which is light on food(like we need another one of those). It will be sort of marginal until we get chain irrigation, but it's still a valuable naval base which can incubate two plains hill cottages for Libria while that city is working max caste merchants. Plan is to grow to size 6, working the horses, cows, wheat, grassland mine and 2 plains cottages, for 14hpt, +2 food surplus. '

New scout for the west revealed some interesting land. The east is still looking far better, but we may want to settle along that river.

Another two turns played, I feel bad about playing my turn last again, but this pace is so ridiculous, what can I do?

Anyway, Retep settled his third city this turn. That's very impressive, especially considering he is Asoka of England which is like the ultimate late game pairing. I don't think we're actually that far behind him: We have two cities, 4 food resources hooked up(if you count the FP farm) and a hill mined. Soon we'll also hook up gold. Our third city will be a little delayed compared to him(5 turns), but I'm still pretty happy. Either Retep had an awesome start(PH/forested deer) or he is really scrimping on workers. Hopefully, it's the latter. Here are demos:

We're doing really well in the only stat that matters at this point in the game jive GNP is actually a lot better than it looks because we're researching a tech with no pre-req and the top is almost certainly Boldly. Needless to say, once we get that gold hooked, our commerce will sky rocket.

And Mindy, what do you think about settling Horses before coppper? I could go either way and I'd like your input.

(May 7th, 2013, 20:54)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Obligatory first post with a bonus picture explaining my username

[Image: C6SeVCq.jpg]

Alright, let's get started...in a couple of weeks jive

(May 7th, 2013, 21:10)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Haha no, being a member of an intellectual family means that you have to be an adept scrabble player, I'm pretty sure Oxyphenbutazone is some random analgesic. lol

not enough of a scrabble nerd to realize that board is impossible. ejactulating with take 10 tiles, more than the 7 you get tongue.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

[scrabble nerd]One player obviously layed town T-I-N-G first and then the second player put down E-J-A-C-U-L-A over it[/scrabble nerd]

tongue

ok smarty, explain preinterviewed, and opacifying :P
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Opacifying:

Easy, first place down O-P-A-C-I-F-Y, then I-N-G

Preinterviewed:

A little harder but, player A put down I-N-T-E-R first then Player B could put V-I-E-W-E-D and finally player A puts down P-R-E

Now you would never see this happen in a real game because it requires both players to get the perfect combination of letters and also play very suboptimally, igonring triple word scores and stacking bonuses to play marginal words. That said, the board is totally possible.

Almost forgot, tongue

Your workers are all up by Animal farm, so I'd have to say that I'd stick with the plan all else equal.

But,... since you want to do the chariot alpha-strike,...early matters alot in calling a farmer's gambit. So I'd say grab Neo-Seoul next and hook up those horses.

Has Sisu landed his 2nd/3rd city yet?