For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] WillPlunder as Mehmed of Arabia: Noobs meet world

If we move 3N1W we will have the clams and rice available via the capital's culture.

But I guess should wait with city planning until we have a better view of the world, and know where our copper is :P

Your third suggestion sounds good. 3 workers for 2 cities is pretty strong I think. Especially if we can pre-road it might not even loose so much turns compared with your 2nd suggestion.

For the scout: maybe circling around the peaks and then SW-SW, it might be a longtime before we get up there with a unit again.

Let's hope there are no barb animals spawning yet.

question to the elites: Grace is 10 turns for animals? and for barb units?

Maybe in order not to fully abandon the idea of the noob-mistakes-naming-scheme we could name some of our units after it? It would be very poetic since most our units will die, just as our noob-mistakes (hopefully).
Unit names are not limited to 15 chars I though....

I just worry that our opponent teams might see it as a cheesy attempt to communicate....

For barb animals, I read they start appearing at the end of turn 5, and for human barbs, after the average cities per player is >=1.5, and also after turn 25. At that point, one barb animal will die every turn until they're all gone.

Scouting around the peaks a bit seems good to me.

Good point about how unit names shouldn't be something that looks like cryptic communication. TBH I'm still kind of paranoid in the game, afraid of a misclick or something weird about PB that will make the interface do something I don't want, and I don't even know how to name units yet. And I don't mind naming workers at all, it would help with micro plans, but naming military units seems kind of confusing for quickly reading city defenses and combat logs. Maybe in the second PB I do...

OTOH, if you feel comfortable going in and naming things, I don't mind at all.

I would be interested in 2N of our scout, but 2N1W is a forest and might waste some turns. 3N1E is a river tile, this could prove to be decent land later?

Also I renamed our scout to Willem-Alexander for no good reason other than going back to your pre-plunder-theme, famous williams (or Willems), and that was the first famous willem I could think of.

Cool. I was thinking "Conqueror", "Shakespeare", "Clinton", "Jefferson", "Cosby", "The Kid", "Prince", "Fresh Prince", "Crystal", etc.

I didn't think about those. Although, William Clinton? I don't think I know him.... (I only know a Bill)

Bills are Williams too! I think there are very few Bills who aren't Williams on their birth certificates. So are Billies, Willems, Willies, Willhelms, and so on, at least under my rules. lol

Scout move:

[Image: 3-scout.JPG]

Two move suggestions are red and blue. I want to see what's over W pretty badly, not sure how much we should dawdle or not to the N...

Molach of Rome (only CRE civ I think) had a border pop, has 20 land tiles in his capital. I think the max is 21.

I didn't know that =)

Anyway, I'd vote for red. I don't think we'll be settling north any time soon

Yeah, red is my gut too. I think just going on N is defensible, since W is awfully far for a second city and maybe scouting there can wait for a warrior later... But, W is the best city site we've seen so far, by far, and what else is there e.g. if gold, gems, ivory, stone, marble, could affect our decisions a lot.

The peaks look suspiciously like a "border" between us and someone else. I wonder if they were artificially added? Probably not I guess, I think we're likely more than 10-12 tiles away from another capital on a large map.