I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] WillPlunder as Mehmed of Arabia: Noobs meet world

Hello again, Dear Readers who enjoying reading about floundering noobs in the modern age.

I have no idea why Retep has 2 tanks on this island. It doesn't feel like they're for defense. (Note that this might as well be two islands, since the peaks divide it.)

Flight is in. I'm starting a few airports on the mainland. I don't know if I've actually used the airlift mechanic before, but only saw it in one of Sullla's videos (lol). But I guess the idea is an airport can send 1 unit from that city to any other city once per turn. It seems like a godsend for these island micro-defense scenarios.

I'm also working on a few fighters to run intercept missions if they have to.

My hope is to show that playing a long boring defensive game with me is like challenging a pig to a wrestling match in the mud, and you know the rest... I'm kind of looking forward to spending a couple of months with a spreadsheet indicating which space ship parts will finish where! rolf

Or maybe Retep can teach me that modern attacks can work?

Just a note to Plunder, thanks for the all the early input in this game, and I learned a lot through the discussions.

Haha, you are welcome :D
I'm sad I can't provide so much input now. I have a lot on my mind at the moment :S
and I think you are a better player anyway :D

Oh the game is over, you know? It was conceded to us. I haven't been reporting in a way that is conducive to input in several months anyway, so no worries, thanks for the ded-lurk.

Congratulations on your victory! You've won more Pitboss games here than lots of Realms Beyond players.

Oh, I didn't notice that yet :D
Congratulations!!!!

Well done William, I don't think you're allowed to call yourself a noob anymore.

Congrats and well played!

(January 29th, 2014, 10:04)MindyMcCready Wrote: Congrats and well played!

Thanks! I trust that my style of play in this game was very much to your liking and similar to the general strategy you would have recommended? rolf

Just some stat screens, even if only for my curious future self. For the best global stats, Xenu dumped everything.

Kill / death ratios and buildings built:

The ratios don't look too bad, until you consider that all my major fighting was against Kuro when we were about two major eras ahead in tech.

Cities and forces:

Religion:

Religious spread was a huge, huge factor in this game. It was an incredible stroke of luck that Bandit adopted Hinduism as his state religion. Though maybe it was the most likely outcome due to proximity and the time of the first shrine.

Also I'm reminded by the lurker thread how huge it was that we got a lucky dice roll to get the holy city in the best possible place at low odds, to get a free immediate border pop in a city that desperately needed it.