Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] WillPlunder as Mehmed of Arabia: Noobs meet world

I think you have to keep in mind the demos are rounded (or are they just truncated?) to an integer. So if total food tiles were anywhere from 32 to 40, dividing by 9 would show "4", I think?

GNP I know has a lot of complexity. Prereq bonuses and known tech bonuses (when you have met someone who knows the tech) increase GNP. So it will be higher for someone who is researching something like AH instead of Agri, because Agri has no prereq and AH has at least 1.

I know that Creative culture points translate into GNP too! So good luck reading anything into it, though no doubt there are wizards with T-Hawk-like knowledge of Civ mechanics who can scry from it. lol

Oops, forgot to rename the capital before ending turn! Next time...

Sorry, slight executive override on the scout: I thought the vision from the hill 1N was too valuable, even if we're going to circle back to the SE right away.

[Image: 1-scout2.JPG]

I think water is going to be important on this map. It feels like we're on some kind of snaky continents map to me? I'm really not intimately familiar with the map scripts, and Commodore didn't take enough time for it to be hand drawn.

Scouting options: N-NW, NW-W (to scout the W "peninsula"), SE - NE.

I think SE-SE is kind of redundant, since city expansion plus the coming warrior will take care of revealing that bit of the map. SE - NE, and then taking a wider circle back south I can be sold on.

Demos at T1:

[Image: 1-demos.JPG]

Someone has 3 water tiles in their first ring. (Settling 1W we would have had 5.) Life expectancy average changed to be very tightly clustered with Azza settling, other than whoever has 75 years. It could be a flood plains or jungle start?

Does the map generator allow for jungle in the starting bfc? I thought I read somewhere it didn't, so that could be a food plains yes.

Name for your capital: Settle on Deer

By the way, is it an idea to keep a central spreadsheet for our plans maybe?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...sp=sharing <-- suggestion. You should be able to edit

Did an attempt to update the sandbox:

sandbox

Thanks for the sandbox work. I've found world builder has a bit of a learning curve to it. The spreadsheet is a good idea too, I don't know if we need to track every beaker but planning which turns techs come in is a good idea. Also a column for worker micro. I can update it a bit later.

Do you have strong opinions about the next scout move? Still think we should loop back around SE? Do we know how many grace turns we have before barb animals show up? Finishing on defensive terrain will be a big deal after that point.

How crazy is considering W as a 2nd city site? It's a trek for the settler, but we've got worker turns to start a road there. Benefits are it has a lot of food and shares clams with the capital to use while transitioning off to cottages. We also need to see what's around that banana because it could be a good city site too (+1 food in the city tile, share pig with the capital). But I figure that can wait until the warrior comes out.

For the scout I am somewhat interested in the stop 3N1W from the capital as a city spot. At least it is nicely strategic as a choke and it can share rice and clams.

As you said, the warrior can explore the south and SE, so maybe it's good to know what is north of us as well =)

Scout move:

[Image: 2-scout.JPG]

Fresh water up there is at least pretty nice. A big constraint is that our early cities pretty much need first ring food for fast growth, or else popping borders will take too long even building monuments. Next scout move is either SW-SW, or circle around the peaks first, NE-NW. Thoughts?

TIL: Barb animals will start showing up at the end of turn 5. Human barbs will show up after turn 25 (on Monarch / Normal), and after the average number of cities is >=1.5, so after 5 people have settled a second city. (In practice, will be well after T25 I'm sure.)

I put my suggested plan in your spreadsheet. I like it because the growths coincide pretty well (within a turn) of when the clams come online.

There are a couple of forks:

- Turn 26, we could build a size 2 settler, finishing T36, but I don't recommend it. I think we want to sacrifice turns on the second city to get the 2nd clam much earlier
- Turn 33, we could build a size 3 settler, finishing T38.
- Or... turn 33, we could chop into a worker before settler, and using chopping and preroading, chop four forests and get the settler on T40 (98/100 on T39, so close).

I think I like the last one, because it immediately gives a worker in the capital to build cottages or chop into a granary, and another spare for the 2nd city. With all these forests there will be plenty for workers to do, and we might even whip out a third relatively quickly right afterwards.