For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] There Can Only Be One Suttree - French Fredrick - LOL, Sut?

t51

The shot was thunderous and in the after clap all sound in that room ceased. The bear had been shot through the midsection. He let out a low moan and he began to dance faster, dancing in silence save for the slap of his great footpads on the planks. Blood was running down his groin. The little girl strapped into the barrel organ stood frozen, the crank at rest on the upswing. The man with the pistol fired again and the pistol bucked and roared and the black smoke rolled and the bear groaned and began to reel drunkenly. He was holding his chest and a thin foam of blood swung from his jaw and he began to totter and to cry like a child and he took a few last steps, dancing, and crashed to the boards.

Shot the goddamned bear, said the barman.

Aaaah thanks for reminding me I'll never be as good as Cormac McCarthy.

Thought it linked nicely with your story. And you do write well.

Too bad the wild BEAR had to die domesticated, dancing in a brothel. But hey, he killed my chariot.

Hear me, man, he said.
There is room on the stage for one beast and one alone.

Quick question: does anyone know why I don't have cultural control of the tile 223 (see overview) of my cap?

OVERVIEW
[Image: C54nWY6.jpg]

CITY REVIEW
*CLINGMANS grew to size 6 this turn and is now the bestest city in the world! I have one unappy citizen - not a problem since the build is settler. When Ivory comes online t56, the rabble rousers will be sent to the mines. The settler is due t58 and settled at the sheep site t60.
*NEWFOUND whips in a granary next turn, then grows to max (sharing food with Silers) in preparation for a library.
*SILERS is growing to size 2 in preparation for a t59 chop and subsequent granary whip.
*Whips are timed to preserve population as along as possible while running maximum food through the granary.

EVENTS
*Seems as if Sisu settled his third city NW of Moscow (cursor over cow shows it is pastured) - I wonder if he will try for the oracle with no sea access....
* For some odd reason no one has founded a religion. Mehemed of ARABIA?
*A chariot is out - some scouting, then barb defense once the sheep are settled.

DEMOS
[Image: WLDKQRB.jpg]

Culture spreads in limited ways across continents. No more than a big fat cross from the other shore.
If you know what I mean.

That's very interesting; I did not know that before. So even if his borders expand again, he'll gain no further control?

Correct. Although I would recommend a worldbuilder test to double check if you're basing anything critical on it. smile
If you know what I mean.

(June 10th, 2013, 10:00)TheHumanHydra Wrote: That's very interesting; I did not know that before. So even if his borders expand again, he'll gain no further control?

Well, he would gain control of the tile with the "settle t69" sign and the copper 1w of it, along with some sea tiles.

This is proof that the icy land is on a separate landmass, by the way.
I have to run.