For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] There Can Only Be One Suttree - French Fredrick - LOL, Sut?

T10 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 50/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*England builds a workboat and nets fish.

LOCAL EVENTS
*Coastal wheat site confirms my suspicion that expansion to the east will be profitable.
*FLAWLESS VICTORY
[Image: P7BxRkP.jpg]

OVERVIEW
[Image: TcxSRgU.jpg]

You realize you have a unique opportunity here? You could settle a city that shares four food resources with your capital. smile
If you know what I mean.

(May 19th, 2013, 16:22)zakalwe Wrote: You realize you have a unique opportunity here? You could settle a city that shares four food resources with your capital. smile

Hopefully it's an island! I think the best I can do is three(3S), though frown

Well, if it's an island, you could settle two tiles away. But you don't think it's a separate continent?
If you know what I mean.

(May 19th, 2013, 16:48)zakalwe Wrote: Well, if it's an island, you could settle two tiles away. But you don't think it's a separate continent?

Doh! I didn't know that mechanic duh
That would be a very cool city....

Do you know why the game works this way? It seems unintuitive to single out such a special case...

Maybe the limit is just there to reduce infinite city spam, which isn't deemed to be a problem if you settle on another continent. But I have a pet theory that it relates to bombardment from siege units. You don't explicitly choose which city to bombard with a catapult, which isn't a problem, since cities are at least 3 tiles apart. Of course, it's also possible to bombard with certain boats, and you could then be in range of two (or even three or four) different coastal cities. So actually, what happens then is that you automatically bombard the city with the highest defense, using city order as the tie-breaker. These cases are rare, though. By enforcing a minimum distance between cities, this aspect of the user interface could be simplified. (Though even if this theory is correct, I'm sure it was just one out of several good reasons.)
If you know what I mean.

That is something I had never considered.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

T11 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 64/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*none

LOCAL EVENTS
*More food to the east (crab, cow - crab bubbles don't show)
*Penciled in another city - broad peninsula?

OVERVIEW
[Image: iDXwQeO.jpg]

T12 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 78/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*none

LOCAL EVENTS
*First worker is up - moved to develop the deer.
*I work the cow for two turns, then back to the deer. Working the deer exclusively is worth +1fh, but generates loads of useless surplus.
*We are on a broad peninsula.

OVERVIEW
[Image: aYuJ30J.jpg]

Nice timing. I like how camp/road->pasture works.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.