I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] There Can Only Be One Suttree - French Fredrick - LOL, Sut?

(May 20th, 2013, 19:50)Commodore Wrote: Nice timing. I like how camp/road->pasture works.

Actually, I won't be able to build that roadfrown Yes, it saves me two worker turns in the long run (one on my way to the cow and one because a future worker doesn't have to return when I need the health) but it means the cow is up one turn late (-3fh) and, more importantly, it means my second city is up one turn late. The former didn't bother me when i sketched the initial plan, but the latter is a problem. My plan didn't account for the distance from my Capitol to the (then unknown) cow/corn site.

There's so much health on the board that I won't need the deer road for some time, but it feels messy not to build it while I'm there.

T13 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 92/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*none

LOCAL EVENTS
*exploration continues
*note to self - remember to move back to the deer next turn

OVERVIEW
[Image: kLs65kw.jpg]

T14 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 106/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*none

LOCAL EVENTS
*back to the deer, growth/warrior T19.

OVERVIEW
[Image: KZshXU1.jpg]

T15 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 120/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*Arabia discovers 7 turn tech
*England, Russia get 15T Bronze Working. See if England manages to leverage SPI and whip something out this turn.

LOCAL EVENTS
*none

OVERVIEW
[Image: xudg4WQ.jpg]

Suttree sits cross legged before a window of glowing phosphorescence, a great terror gnawing within his guts. Men and hosts have walked this path and returned, irreparably altered, flesh flayed from their sanctities. Sparks fly across his fingertips as he crafts the doom of the heathens.

I've always wished I was as good as Cormac McCarthy

(May 22nd, 2013, 20:00)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: ... flesh flayed .. fly ... fingertips

oh yes smile

STUFF IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING dancing

T16 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 134/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*Portugal, China get Bronze working
*I was wrong about England. Seems retep will grow to pop 4 before whipping a worker - looks like he's slow building something at the same time? Whatever, I shouldn't waste my time reading demos.

LOCAL EVENTS
*CONTACT!
[Image: xX23B0N.jpg]

*Russia is near, with Bronze Working, but I didn't start next to Rome! I'll post some thoughts when I get a chance; the map will have to do for now. It looks there are 14 tiles separating the capitols. I've marked 7 tile boundaries on this turn's overview map. Note that the peak tiles to the east slow Russian settlement in that direction. I'm going to try and loop my settler to the east, delaying contact. Hopefully I can convince Russia that I'm somewhere north and so lure his scout(s) away from my land.

OVERVIEW
[Image: xNt2LTR.jpg]

Quote:Whatever, I shouldn't waste my time reading demos.

The right attitude [Image: icon14.gif]
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

OK, I was right about England (no demos here, just civstats) he did whip out a workboat t16 - apparently you can whip in pitboss even after ending turn. I still don't understand why he didn't whip the second workboat t15, growing on to the seafood t16... Also, happy he's not financial!

T17 - ANIMAL HUSBANDRY(T18) - 148/161

GLOBAL EVENTS
*none

LOCAL EVENTS
*Sisu hasn't spotted me yet, but look who else is in the neighbourhood:
[Image: xwVztWn.jpg]
That's right, TyBoBricka, the most experienced team on the map. I really need to write a strategy post to organize my thoughts. Will do once I get some sleep. Big-ish turn next when AH reveals Horse. Won't finalize a plan 'til scouting warrior checks out the east backline site. The worker will pasture the cow and is ready to road to the cow/corn if that's where I settle first.

OVERVIEW
[Image: lhF5KU5.jpg]