For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Kurumi & wetbandit serve you Hannibal's Breakfast Cocktail (of Persia)

So yeah, obviously we may need to put a turn into the warrior, just in case.

Azza moved away, continued on with the settler.

Molach's EP score on us is 45/44, which leads me to believe that he met another civ, leading to a 1/1/2 EP distribution. We last saw his scout heading to the NE from his lands. That river area may be contested.

[Image: T280000.JPG]

[Image: T28%20Demos0000.JPG]

[Image: T28%20EP0000.JPG]

I think from now on we need to keep close eye on the power graph. It is late as for reporting, but will help nonetheless.
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

Right, it's something I should have taken a picture of last night. I did look at the graphs, Azza is behind in power to Molach and us. He's probably only down hunting, or some other power boosting tech. I'll go through the log and the graphs when the next turn rolls.

I'm starting to think we may need to get archery before AH, just because we won't have access to any non-warrior unit for at least 20 turns if we go straight to AH. I guess we can fake what we need to do with warriors if need be, but our scout heading Azza's way we'll give us an idea if he has copper.

(May 29th, 2013, 11:38)wetbandit Wrote: Right, it's something I should have taken a picture of last night. I did look at the graphs, Azza is behind in power to Molach and us. He's probably only down hunting, or some other power boosting tech. I'll go through the log and the graphs when the next turn rolls.

I'm starting to think we may need to get archery before AH, just because we won't have access to any non-warrior unit for at least 20 turns if we go straight to AH. I guess we can fake what we need to do with warriors if need be, but our scout heading Azza's way we'll give us an idea if he has copper.
I agree with Archery before AH.
We could pink dot somewhere with it too cool
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

Played T29, Azza has two warriors and just finished a tech. His second warrior has one fortified-turn outside his borders on his grassland forest hill. Second warrior is circling around our lake. Tops in power is 17000, we are third with 15000; Azza has 2 warriors (4000), mining (2000), BW (8000), and 3 pop (3000). I confused the purples earlier, Azza was even with us in power, Molach lags behind. Of course, the graphs are 2 turns behind. Ancient era arms race!

We're going to need archery, Azza looks like he's aiming for the land between us. His MFG shot up and CY declined somewhat, which probably means he's building an IMP-boosted settler. I'm going to guess he's going to plant for the wheat.

Here are the graphs:

[Image: T29%20Demos0000.JPG]

[Image: T29%20cy0000.JPG]

[Image: T29%20Mfg0000.JPG]

[Image: T29%20Power0000.JPG]

Picture Dump time. I had wanted to move the scout around Azza's warrior, but a lion popped on the intended landing point (jungle tile).

No power increases or score increases, fishing comes in next turn and then we detour to archery.

[Image: T310000.JPG]

[Image: T31%20Cap0000.JPG]

[Image: T31%20Demos0000.JPG]

[Image: T31%20Power0000.JPG]

I'm experimenting with micro plans, mine vs chop for the worker. Chopping gets our WBs out faster and lets us build overflow, which is probably way more important than a 1/3/1 mine. Also figuring out a way to get an improved tile online for 2nd City (for which we need a name!) in the ivory right as it grows to 2.

What's the happenings chaps? Enjoying your micro and C&D discussions by the way, very straightforward for your KnewbLurkers smile

Welcome back teleh, did you know you have something in common with us still? You have about as much military as us. Thanks for your generous remarks.

It is updating time in the land of Vodka, Fighting, and, well Clams. We've got a lot of those. We've settled our second city, which still needs a name, and which is also working on the clams. Pictures first, micro next.

[Image: T34%20%210000.JPG]
[Image: T34%20overview0000.JPG]
[Image: T34%20Demos0000.JPG]

Actually these are T33, but nothing markedly changed:

[Image: T33%20Power0000.JPG]

As you can see, I'm somewhat surprised that we were the first civ to settle a second city. Rival worst pop is 6000, we're on 2000. I think that Boldly may have settled this turn, judging from score increases. You'll also notice our scout playing defense.

Azza's two warriors are camped on the hills outside our cap, securing the wheat area for him. There really wasn't much we could have done to prevent that incursion, developing the way we did.

We are also on archery, just to give us some security. AH+Wheel plus hooking-up-time is potentially 20 turns, at least we'll have a unit that can scare a warrior.

Micro time: I think that Azza is currently content to safeguard that land between us; he would have rushed us by now I think. He's no dummy, so he'll see that we settled a city, or at least that we whipped. The cap grows back to 2 next turn, which gives us some play room if he decides to make a move. The worker keeps chopping, so in a terrible situation we could always chop a warrior.

My plan continues this farm/fish/whip gambit a little further. It lets us get a 2nd worker soon and net all the clams by T41. The bottleneck then becomes pop growth. I'm not happy with the plan after T37, at least in terms of building that third workboat in the cap. We can change that over to an archer, I guess, but I think the WB option is better since we'll be able to put the cap on corn, clam, clam on T44. Then I imagine we grow the Cap large to let it work cow and the riverside gl mine.

2nd city starts on WB for the capital, whips it, grows back on a/an warrior/archer, gets to work improved ivory for a nice 1/3/3 tile. I don't think we can really whip this city too much because of lack of food; need to get a border pop here to get the 2nd clams online. Once we get some military out of here, I think we should look at another worker here or probably a scouting workboat to see if we have unoccupied islands.

The plan (through T43):
2nd Worker Fast Cap 2nd
34 1 26/22 1 WB 12 Chop 2/3 1 4/22 1 WB
35 2 4/24 28 Worker 14 Chop 3/3 Work 1/2/0 8/22 2 WB
36 2 4/24 36 Worker Move Work 2/1/0 12/22 3 WB
37 1 4/22 72 Worker W2 Chop 1/3 16/22 4 WB
38 1 10/22 2 WB Move Chop 2/3 20/22 5 WB
39 1 16/22 23 WB Chop Chop 3/3 1 2/22 36 WB
40 1 22/22 24 WB Chop Camp 6/22 7 Warrior/Arch
41 2 8/24 45 WB Chop Camp 10/22 8 Warrior/Arch
42 2 16/24 26 Archer Camp 14/22 9 Warrior/Arch
43 2 24/24 Camp 18/22 10 Warrior/Arch
44 3 24/22

All of this can easily be changed in my opinion.

Is the micro notation you're using a standard of kinds?

As an aside, I do have military - one small dog whom I bought for protection. 50 bucks from a mate and he's seven years old now. But man, the food I've sunk into him, and he hasn't even grown yet!

Anway, good play, kudos for updates, etc etc.