For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Kurumi & wetbandit serve you Hannibal's Breakfast Cocktail (of Persia)

(May 14th, 2013, 14:15)wetbandit Wrote: Lakes are always good, thumbs up on the name changes.

I think we should scout west, since it might make us move 1E. But if you feel that strongly about 1S, I'm not going to argue. This is me also asking you to scout, if you see anything, post it. If not, then play the rest of the turn and I guess we'll start with the AH plan since it saves us forests.

Actually thinking about it I now think we should go for GLH, since if we don't see anything there SIP will reveal the mysterious 2S tile anyway. Good that I can see my decisions are bad and yours are good crazyeye

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0618.JPG]

SIP it is!
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0619.JPG]
I assume that BW rush is more optimal play right now, no?
EDIT: Just in case I have not played the turn to its end.

Corn! popcorn We can make vodka from that!

Start worker for sure, BW beeline seems best to me too. Farm will be done a turn before BW comes in, and right as we grow to 2. Worker can start chopping, probably into another worker (those trees can't stand here forever). We can even revolt here to get the whip into play. Not sure on AH or Fishing after BW comes in. Probably fishing, can grow on all these workboats.

With two lakes, I'm thinking that we want to get to Sailing pronto for all that extra food.

Just noticed our cap's name format, which has an excellent alternate implication.

I selected Mining and ended turn, only one more team to wait on so don't want to hold things up.

So I took a quick glance to see if I missed anything and thought about what we should do with our scout. I think there are two options:
-Scout what the river spot east to us has to offer
-Go south on that forested plains hill 3S of our current scout position.
I think both options are strong, but river is going to be stronger. Another thing to note: there is jungle to the south.
I'll gladly hear what you think about this, wetbandit smile

I agree that we're going to want to scout that river area, but we'll get some sight on more tiles once our borders pop. Take the scout on a big loop around so we can get some sight on the land south of the corn on his way over to the lake. So along the water towards forested Plains hill would be my suggestion.

I went ahead and played and finished the turn. If you want demos to analyse (although I find it a little meaningless to be honest, we need info on our neighbours, not distant space ants) I can post them!

I probably won't be able to get to the turn until tonight (6-7 hours or so from now), so feel free to log on and start scouting.

Edit: Ninja'd! I'm not at all skilled in demo analysis and I share your disdain for space ants. We'd need graphs for sure before I could make any sort of reliable projections. I think our first chance at info gathering will be to track civstats see how many land tiles other people have, maybe that will give us some idea of how feasible a GLH shot will be.

We made it to the bottom of the threads after only 6 hours? Is everyone microing their warrior rush? Time for a gratuitous post to catch up.

Since the turn rolled, I jumped on and played. I moved the scout SE-SE onto the Jungle, I figure we can circle around a little wider since the tiles uncovered by moving to the PH will be shown when borders pop in 3 turns.

It appears that our land mass might abruptly end to the west, I ran into more ocean. Might be worth peeking that way, but then head back afterward.

[Image: WT0wZefa4hmawa2cqPlCiW8gLL_cpiObYC3h3HgW...e=1280x960]

Micro plan to follow.