Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS!] I am Molach. This is my thread. Kublai Khan of Rome

(May 17th, 2013, 15:25)Bigger Wrote:
(May 17th, 2013, 11:57)Lewwyn Wrote: I wonder if you have seafood south of the deer. If not I would settle on the GHill 2W1N of the whales. And settle 2N of the fish. The whales city would be more backfill though. The fish city is nice because it shares the wheat, gets corn and fish quickly (you're CRE).

You need more info for dotmapping around the corn/cow though.

you would pick whales over fish? You can't even workboat the whales until optics! and the whales can be used by a city on the eastern peninsula

What do you mean? The whales city would be backfill meaning it wouldn't be planted for a long time. I just mentioned it first because you have to recognize where that city will be planted in the future in order not to screw up your dotmap with the cities you want to place first.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

yes of course smile. I think I would plant 1N of the deer, though.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

I would --REDACTED-- but that's only because Commodore asked me to check the map
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

My first (and current) idea was also 1N of deer, lets me keep the hill and forest for production (either chop or lumbermill). Whale city will be E-NE or E-E of whale. Or somewhere else, and just let 3rd pop gain them.

That will likely be 4th city.

best spot for 2nd is probably the cow-corn one, but that depends a bit on where my targets rivals are - if I need to claim land asap.

Played a turn when extremely drunk last night, and even got a shot of it...
[Image: civ4screenshot0178.jpg]

Kurumi has been spotted. I've put my intelligence people on the job of preparing a dossier on him.
No, I did not check espionage setting to see if he met someone else.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

I am scouting. Met Azza and looked at his capital briefly.
[Image: civ4screenshot0180.jpg]

(Then moved NW, think I'll head northwards then loop around to the east, the big circle)

The presence of Azza here means I can play for +style points here - show Azza how to praet-rush with rome. Also make his title thread (which I think is the funniest of the lot here) come true. However he has had plenty of opportunity to view firsthand how Rome can be neutralized...heh.

Azza is probably the most experienced, along with the Space tyrants. He has lost a few times, however he is still in contention for victory in at least one game.

HE is Augustus, ind/imp (weak) of china - agri/min (ultimate) and chu-ko-nu something/pavillion (potentially dangerous unit)

Kurumi/wetbandit took over from Teleh, are new to RB multiplaying (I think) and are Hannibal, fin/chm (very good) of persia, agri/hunt - (meh) and immortals/apotechary (unit is best ever in SP-beat-up-the-AIs, not sure about MP...spearmen still kill them)

Now, what does visibility into his city mean? What can I tell from this?

Still waiting for inspiration to hit me with a city naming theme..."I am city" is name of capital now.
And how do I tell whether my contacts are putting EPs on me or anyone else?
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)

Turns going pretty fast, so suddenly desicion time.

Both AH and BW are 15 turns. I tentatively went for BW, as there is always forests to chop. I didn't end turn.

Depends on which strategic resource is on the GL tile S-SE...

When do your borders pop again?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Turn 25. Is turn 9 now.

I ended turn. Because I could always change research back, right. BW it is - want to see if there is any competition for bronze - if I need to settle aggressively to pick it up.

Scout heading back. Found Persian lands.
[Image: civ4screenshot0183.jpg]
Next turn plains hill, moving towards my lands. I'll let my borders scout a bit in 15 turns, scout can stay further north of my civ. Main thing is checking for strategic resources, especially to my west as that appears a bit cramped.

A bear appeared to the south, but no AIs rivals have been seen to my east.

Worker in 5, BW in 14

EDIT: My sign hidden under the waiting for other civs (Azza and Sisu today) says 'Azza-Molach' border - both to visualize where Azza will expect me to stay behind, and where I'll be justified in being angry about him settling his cities.

EP's: hover over their name on the score list on the lower right of screen. It will tell you how many eps you have into them and vice-versa. to tell if they are putting eps into you, you have to keep track and see if the number increased from one turn to the next.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.