For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILER] retep can't get enough weed

(May 9th, 2013, 19:03)retep Wrote: Molach is Kublai Khan of Rome. Aggresive pretorians. Good Combo. Molach goodevil.

FIFY
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(May 10th, 2013, 00:44)Lewwyn Wrote:
(May 9th, 2013, 19:03)retep Wrote: Molach is Kublai Khan of Rome. Aggresive pretorians. Good Combo. Molach goodevil.

FIFY

Ja, then I hope he is not my neighbor.

Kuro is Joao of Portugal. Joao is great. I would have love to be Joao, expand fast and start the snowball early for a good midgame. I don't remenber what Portugal has for UU and UB. I think is the custom house? and maybe some kind of ship? not sure. I do remenber that Portugal shine in a water map, so dependent of the map he could have a good pairing.

Also I think Kuro has played a PB before, maybe I can search and read how he did. Is that allow? I think thats ok, right?

Anyway to work again.

You can read his previous threads, yes.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

(May 10th, 2013, 13:59)Merovech Wrote: You can read his previous threads, yes.

Ok, thank you. Though thinking it better I'll probably do it only if his my neighbour or somenthing.

Oxphenbutazone is Gandhi of Netherlands and has a cool nickname.
So Gandhi has ok traits Spi and Phil merge well to try some interesting bulbs switching slavery and caste. He has no sinergy with his civ. Dutch are great in heavy watter maps (national wonder everywhere) and a great UU. He would do great if we play in a map with lots of water.

It seems that teleh quit the game for real. I hope that the game don't get delayed for too long.

Looks like the game won't be delayed after all.

SpaceBrickNowhere is DuGaulle of Byzantium. I suppose going for StoneHedge is too obvious and they won't try it, but who knows maybe they do. This team is interesting though, Space have more experience than the rest of us so that gave him an advantage. On the other hand Space seems to be a little hothead so if someone piss him off maybe he will start a early war. Right now (and for a big part of the game I guess) they are leading the post count as expected of Brick.

The game start!

What is the best form of posting pictures?
When a I figure this out I post about my start and stuff.

Um, I use dropbox. It's pretty good once you create a public folder.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

If your pics are large, you can use the screenshot tags to scale it down automatically, and clicking the pic will make it original size.

Code:
[screenshot]link[/screenshot]