Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILER] retep can't get enough weed

Another jump to turn 19 now.

[Image: civ4screenshot0040t.jpg]

Why I'm showing this picture you ask?

Well two things. First to show where my cooper appear. That place sucks because to grab cooper I would have to settle in a really awkward place or moving the site of my second city (city canal).
Second it shows that I researching agriculture and I will finish in 3 turns. why this matters? The response in the next post.

Ok Turn 21.

[Image: civ4screenshot0041u.jpg]

First explain about the capital.
Lets back to turn 15 ok. I was building a workboat right? Well this is what a did. (Keep in mind this is all from memory)

Turn 16.
Whip the workboat put the overflow into a worker.

Turn 17.
Worker in 4 turns. Move the workboat to the clams.

Turn 18.
Net the clams.

Turn 21.
Finish worker move to the forest north of the capital (the picture at the start of this post) I chose this forest because after chopping I let me farm the corn immediately. It also free a riverside grassland to cottage for another city on the south.
Start second worker.

Now about the tech. If you remember I was researching agriculture and I was due in 3 turns. Now it's turn 21 and I had switch to The Wheel before finish agriculture.
I did this because I didn't really need agriculture for another 4 turns because the worker was going to chop the forest first. So I decided to scrub with anyone doing C&D.

TURN 25!!!! Dum Dum Dum!

I was suppose to make some sort of analysis but you know I actually had no idea what to say.

My capital.
[Image: civ4screenshot0043ha.jpg]

I already finish chopping and start farming the corn. The scond worker will be ready the next turn.
I'll growing the city building a warrior and start a settler immediately after growing to size 3.

The first worker will go to chop the forest west of the Capital after finishing the farm.
The second worker will go to mine the grass hill 2S of the capital. I'm mining instead of chopping because if a chop first the hammers will go to the city before I grow to size 3 and start the settler. This way is better because it let the hammers go to the settler and I will need the mine for my second city anyway.

As you can see City Canal will be my second city. Why?
1. As his name implies it work as a channel between the two seas.
2. I can share the fish and the clams with the Capital.
3.The rice that get out of range without border pops can be used in turn 50 when the Capital pop borders.

Not plans yet for another city. Maybe a city 1south of the pigs (Look the picture of turn 19) I will settle that spot eventually but I not sure if I should be my third city, it need a lot of work and techs to be useful. I want to scout more the north.

About my tech path. I went Bronze working- agriculture- the wheel. Potery or Animal husbandry I wasn't sure on this turn yet.
Pottery gets the bonus for the two pre-requisite. Animal reveal horses(hopefully in a better place) and let me work the pigs.
I skiping Sailing even though I have cheap lighthouse and I looks that I in a island. This is what worried me the most at the moment.

Also look at my scout and the lion fun things will happen with both later.

Turn 26.

[Image: civ4screenshot0045v.jpg]

Lets recap a bit. You saw the lion on turn 25. There is also a wolf somewhere on the fog.
I move my scout(0.8 health) to the forest plainshill. The lion disappeared in the fog.
Also notice that the second worker move to the forest grasshill.

Turn 27.

[Image: civ4screenshot0047.jpg]

I move the scout to the forest grasshill.I wanted to check the east first because the west looks like a dead end.
I was afraid that the lion and the wolf will be close and hit the scout. So I took the gamble and move the scout to the forest grasshill southeast.

Thanks! Good reports. What do you think of your land so far?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Turn 28.

[Image: civ4screenshot0048.jpg]

At this point I though that maybe the wolf was in the forest northeast of the wheat. That would mean that both animals could hit the scout next turn before I could move.

Turn 29.

[Image: civ4screenshot0049a.jpg]

The scout survived the lion. The wolf move next to the scout. I move my scout southeast. The wolf can't attack me there.

[Image: civ4screenshot0050h.jpg]

The city grow to size 3.
Finish farming the corn.
I finish the wheel.
Start the settler.
I feel pretty good about this considering I did everything in the spot following my guts.

Turn 30. YES FINALLY!

Capital.

[Image: civ4screenshot0053.jpg]

Nothing Spectacular I know.

[Image: civ4screenshot0054l.jpg]
My scout is inside my borders so the wolf can't attack, right?

Demos. Not so bad not so great.
[Image: civ4screenshot0055t.jpg]

Yeah, animals don't move to tiles inside borders.