I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILER] retep can't get enough weed

I think I fix all the mistakes about directions. Apologies to the lurkers bow

Also kurumi/wetbandit whip 1 pop this turn (32) a settler? a worker? Who knows. If in a couple/next turn they have a increase of score (18 points I think) it was a settler.

(May 30th, 2013, 22:21)retep Wrote: Also kurumi/wetbandit whip 1 pop this turn (32) a settler? a worker? Who knows. If in a couple/next turn they have a increase of score (18 points I think) it was a settler.

Why would you expect an increase of 18 points if the whip was a settler?

(May 30th, 2013, 23:23)Cornflakes Wrote:
(May 30th, 2013, 22:21)retep Wrote: Also kurumi/wetbandit whip 1 pop this turn (32) a settler? a worker? Who knows. If in a couple/next turn they have a increase of score (18 points I think) it was a settler.

Why would you expect an increase of 18 points if the whip was a settler?

If I understand correctly the whole score thing settling a new city give 18 points. So if he increase 18 points in the next few turns it was settler. Also it's about the time when people start making their first settler.
I just a guess though for all I know he could have whip a warrior.

18 seems far too much. A new city gets the same score increase as a new pop point. You can calculate it with a formula (which I don't remember) or you can use Civstats to get a rough number. You can identify new city plants from Civstats watching for a score increase that occurs while someone is logged in (rather than at the turn roll) and then simply subtract the new score from the score before the increase. This ignores rounding though, so a score increase on civstats of 3 could in fact be 3.3 or something.

I see. Then a score increases in a middle of a turn instead of at the start would mean a new city? What else could be?
To be honest I haven't really followed civstats, mostly just to check when I have to play.

Lets see, I had demos for turn 31 and population top was still 21k. Which mean a 3 pop city.
Now in turn 34 the top population has 22k so I assuming this means someone has plant a city between this turns, right?
Also Rival Worst has 2k in pop this would mean somenone with 2 cities size 1, right?

I don't know if answering this question would fall into spoiler category if it does then just don't answer.

Ok I think I got it.

Surttree definitely has 2 cities. He had a score increase while he was log in (turn 31). Plus is score is 8 points more than mine.
This means a tech (6 points) + 1 pop (2 points) this is my best guess.

I check the rest later I have to go to work.

Turn 33.

[Image: screenfinishsettler.jpg]

Finish the settler as planned.

I also give up in trying to understand the score thing. I don't have the time right now.

Turn 34.

[Image: civ4screenshot0066b.jpg]

The settler moves to the mine grass hill. Next turn I found my second city.
The workers are making road to create trade routes immediately after settling.

Turn 35.

[Image: civ4screenshot0070b.jpg]

Second City founded. Building a warrior while growing. The warrior will help me to fog bust the jungle.

Capital.
[Image: civ4screenshot0072.jpg]

Growing to size 4 while building a warrior too, for the same reason.