For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

RBP11 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Reloaded to Azza's login, ~14:30 on the clock. Thanks for your patience while I was back in VA for birth of my son.

There were storms in the mid-Atlantic when the game went down, but my main machine did not lose power, which raises the question of a possible power supply or other hardware issue with the server. In any case the forthcoming server upgrade should make that a non-issue, but it's something I'll try to keep tabs on for now.

Thanks Sunrise, congrats smile

Azza, it says you finished your turn but does not seem to have registered that you did. Thought I'd let you know.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0514_zpsf0bfd789.jpg]

Seem to be having trouble again, despite the server being up...

:2063 is working for me. Are you still having the issue?

No, it appears to be fixed. Dunno what was up with that!

It acted like an IP change where the IP re-direct program had some lag before it updated. Except it has a log, and it shows no changes for today.

Looks like the game is down.

It gets knocked down.
But it gets up again!
You're never gonna keep it down...
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

As posted in another thread I had a confirmed power outage last night (I was at my PC when the lights went off). With six games running this is sufficiently annoying that I'm going to go ahead and buy a new UPS later today if my 'local' Sam's Club has one in stock. I'll reload the game this evening since I'd need to take it down anyways to plug the PC into the UPS.