For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

RBP11 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Thanks for the update. And for all the hoops you jump through to keep these games running.

Adding my congratulations on your new son and thanks for your work. Thanks Sunrise!

<3
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

(June 18th, 2013, 13:47)wetbandit Wrote: Adding my congratulations on your new son and thanks for your work. Thanks Sunrise!

Yeah, thanks. smile We'd be lost without ya!

Ok, reloaded to Komachi's save, ~21:00 on the timer.

[Image: UPS%20%28resize%29.jpg]
New UPS happily hanging out with the server, router, and modem. No guarantees this is the end of connectivity issues since the existing server hardware is between 3 and 8 (!) years old, but it should at least be the end of the flickering power outages. New server ETA is tentatively about a month.

Quick question, do any of you have difficulty connecting to me while I'm in game? I've had notorious problems getting connected to pitboss games in the past, and want to make sure I'm not blocking anyone out for extended periods as I play at work during the day. I get interrupted sometimes and have to leave my desk.

If you don't have a problem, stay mum. If you have a problem connecting with me, please let me know so I can be sure to log out as soon as I'm done moving stuff. Thanks guys.

I don't think that I have had problems with you, but I do not recall if we've been in the game at the same time...but I think we have.

I have problems connecting while you're in! shades

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 19th, 2013, 15:22)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I have problems connecting while you're in! shades

Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly the kind of help I usually get from Xenu...duh

Has there been a game yet where a player put a bounty on his own teammate??

GAME VARIANT: CIVIL WAR

[Image: tjmamxv.jpg]

*5 teams, 5 civs, 10 threads, one for each team and one for each civ.
*Each team plays two civs, as shown in the diagram, with teams alternating as turn-players.
*Diplo allowed only between teams in their shared civ threads.
*A team loses and leaves the game if either of its civs is eliminated, ceding complete control of a shared civ to the surviving team.
*Speed play with two city elimination limit.
*Last team standing wins.