I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Another map script, this one's not mirrored: Torusland

Btw I notice you are going for the classic monument plus Henge combo. wink

Edit: I should read better lol

(May 18th, 2013, 02:58)NobleHelium Wrote: I'm expecting someone to post a screenshot of seafood being made inaccessible in the capital by ice next. lol Maybe the entire port will be blocked?

I settled one such submarine base in pbem47 (?). They're great - can't be boated, but can build ships, and can let the ships out through a fort.

Ok I built it because I needed to settle on marble, but I liked the map design.
I have to run.

Seven, I think you just obsoleted every map script except potentially B&S.

Just to put this into perspective, this map script generates better maps than Highlands, Lakes, and Archipelago map scripts put together, with much more balanced starting locations and expansion potential. In fact considering the amount of times I've had to reroll the Big and Small map to generate acceptable maps, I think the Snaky Islands setting might even be better than that. The only map scripts that it doesn't emulate better than the original seem to be the niche map scripts like Arboreal and Terra (and frankly, they aren't good MP scripts in the first place).

You pretty much ought to do the map scripts for Civ 6. To say I'm impressed is an understatement.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(May 18th, 2013, 05:50)Krill Wrote: Seven, I think you just obsoleted every map script except potentially B&S.
You pretty much ought to do the map scripts for Civ 6. To say I'm impressed is an understatement.

Qft. bow

When I click on the download link, I just get the text version of the script opened in a new window. How do I transfer that to civ?

Btw, this looks really impressive

So, another few questions for Seven.

Is it possible to make players start on landmasses that have greater than X number of tiles, where X is hard coded? I ask this simply as some starts on the inland ocean and snaky islands can be on quite small islands.

The peaks implementation is great, it really helps in adding more choke points to specific map subtypes and keeps the map much more playable than the original Highlands script without being (basically) fugly. My question is about could you attempt to alter the implementation to produce more mountain ranges, where the aim is make block off portions of the map from one another for the entire game, compared to waterways that only block off a map until tech makes it passable?

My last question is are you going to do a take on a Continents/Pangaea/Terra map script in the future?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(May 18th, 2013, 12:36)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: When I click on the download link, I just get the text version of the script opened in a new window. How do I transfer that to civ?

Btw, this looks really impressive

Right click > Save as "Torusworld.py" in X folder > Move file to Firaxis Games/Civ 4/BtS/Public Maps > Start CIV > Single player > Custom game > Choose map script > Torusworld

Seven, I ran a test game with this on a large sized map and the script did not do so well with Iron and Copper. There were very few in total and most civs didn't have either within easy settling distance for a city in close proximity to the capital.

(May 18th, 2013, 12:42)Krill Wrote: My question is about could you attempt to alter the implementation to produce more mountain ranges, where the aim is make block off portions of the map from one another for the entire game, compared to waterways that only block off a map until tech makes it passable?

You want to block off entire portions of the map for the whole game? What would be the point of that?

I agree with everything Krill said.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.