For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Turn 119 - Second snack

Ok, let's do this as a series of short posts.

[Image: PB%2013%20T119%20suttree20000.JPG]

If you look carefully you can see suttree's stack on its way to Bad-Tibira. 9 Cats & 13 Axes. Suttree already declared on m_h. No idea why he did it already, but he did. However, based on latest Civstats-events we believe that Bad-Tibira stopped existing less than hour ago thanks to auto-raze performance from Yurimack.

What we hope is of course that thanks to the 10 turns of enforced peace this stack will now find a new target, prefably some of Yurimack's cities.. Wishful thinking, but who knows.. please
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 119 - part 3

Yurimack finally offered peace:

[Image: PB%2013%20T119%20YM0000.JPG]

Which we declined.. mischief

Reasoning behind the decision will be explained when Harry gives later an overview (he kind of promised..) of the mess that is also known as our continent..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

How m_h fell and why he did it

In the last two turns YuriMack have taken three cities from mostly_harmless and razed another. Assuming they came out of the fog this is my best guess for what they did. Yellow is them using roads, white is where they didn't use roads.

The way they attacked Kish means that the force that hit Lagash can then join up using the roads and both can proceed to Uruk. The SP sign (Ur built the Shewedagon Paya) was the second city hit on T1. We know they then hit Bad-Tibiru, but we don't know if they also moved along one of the pink lines, or kept their forces together. If another city falls next turn we'll know they went pink. If it doesn't then the next city to fall will probably be t122.

We think YuriMack have 53 War Weariness, 30 last turn, 10 on their first assault this turn, then 13 more on their second this turn. Its 6 WW for taking a city, 3 for losing a battle and 1 for winning a battle. So last turn they probably lost four battles and won six (or lost three and won nine or lost five and won three). This turn they took Kish with only 10 so thats one loss and one win or four wins. Then they took Bad Tibru with 13 (2 of which we know is capturing two workers banghead) so thats 5 wins or 1 loss and two wins.

Our best case is that they've lost 7 Horse Archers, worst case is they've lost three chariots. That's not so helpful is it?

Anyway our stack is 9 axes, 2 chariots, 2 spear, 6 bowmen, 1 warrior and it's in Hastings right now. It can reach Nibru on t123. Using our new road. That may be very late.

In the local area we have 2 bow, 1 spear. One of each can reach Nibru on t120 if we declare this turn and move in. If we took peace with Yurimack I'd suggest doing this in the hope m_h would rather we got the city than YM. Otherwise I think we move our stack next to the city on t122 and ask YM to give us that city for peace. We're not going to outrace them to anywhere else and we don't want them turning their stack in our direction until we have a lot more spears.

What do you think?

That's really an awesome pic Harry. bow Lurkers should be happy...

Anyways,

@Hydra & lurkers: We had a quick chat with Harry and the conclusion is: We are taking Nibru, either from YM or m_h (whoever controls the city when we reach it). We would also like to own m_h's nearest coastal city, Eridu, but our defending needs towards suttree might make it impossible. Probably we change plans already next turn if things keep happening at this kind of a rapid speed... crazyeye

Domestically we are thinking about how to manage our civic switches. We would like to switch to OR immediately and we also want to spend couple of turns in Caste during our enforced peace with suttree. However, we have couple of worker whips that we want to get done during the next two turns so my current opinion is that we revolt into OR+Caste on t121 and back to slavery t126/7.

Techwise we plan to get quick MC so that we can start building forges supported by OR and make afterwards a decent infra-push during the next 20 turns before we switch into knight-mode. Assuming our neighbors let that happen of course.. After MC we start collecting money so that we have the flexibility to quickly tech Construction and/or HBR. Now that we are getting marble from WilliamLP, teching top of the tree so that we can build Epics is also an option and at some point we want Monarchy for our own source of wines and HR..

I would imagine that some of our opponents prioritize CS heavily and some of them indeed have very nice capital sites for Bureaucracy+Academy combination. For us CS will be valuable and nice to have, but at this point it is a bit expensive compared to the gains that we would get from our no-rivers-5-grass-cottages-but-2-popped-silvers-! capital. Thanks to our Philo-bulb we are surely one of the most advanced teams in the game currently, but it will be really difficult to keep up with tech in the mid-game against those Bureaucracy-monster-capital-teams. Anyways, we hope that we are not falling too far behind and can eventually get competitive amount of land (difficult in our squeezed position though) and can afford to divide commerce responsibility more evenly across our cities.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(November 13th, 2013, 17:52)Fintourist Wrote: That's really an awesome pic Harry. bow

Yes thumbsup and thanks a lot smile

(November 13th, 2013, 17:52)Fintourist Wrote: Lurkers should be happy...

This one is smile.

Yeah, really nice picture Harry. I agree with this plan, assuming suttree doesn't move back to threaten us again. I kind of hope yurimack go for broke attacking m_h and grab enough to slow their tech-rate while they absorb their conquests and we tech to knights ... with obvious implications for our strategy. No idea if that's realistic or not.

Love the analysis of the yurmiack advance! I'm a happy lurker.

I have never met you before, Ituralde. Hello!

Turn 119

More exciting happenings. YM declared on Suttree yikes (now I wish we hadn't accepted peace - suttree might be gone in ten turns! Fintourist thinks this is more likely YM offering peace to see what happens). Also Bacchus gave us open borders allowing us to meet retep.

Looks like retep and Bacchus have declared war on each other twice each! Retep has also declared on WilliamLP and is currently in a peace deal. William declared once on Ichabod and twice on Bacchus, razed a city of Bacchus and is currently in a peace deal with him. It's all go. Also YuriMack are at war with everyone they know now (unless they met the other continent).

We offered retep OBs for 2gpt, but he didn't accept or counter-offer and we're not that bothered.

I moved Brick back out of the line of sight - I don't think Suttree logged in to see him, but he's not restricted by the clock any more so we should limit Brick's time on the hill.

Settling Nuremburg gets us an increase in costs of 8 and an increase in tax of 7. smile Before:

After:

It also gets a very close neighbour who we need to be careful of border pops with. I'd like to pop our border at the same time Stray Geese does so that the river remains the split. We do need more units over here though... We only need 184 EPs to see inside Stray Geese (we've 27 right now).

This is what we're up to. We'll revolt to Caste+OR next turn and start on missionaries in BoP and Dunkirk. We'll pop borders in Gallipoli, Konigs, LB, Midway, Nuremburg and Omdurman over the next five turns. Then probably build forges everywhere when MC comes in (in four turns). The Taoism spread was quite pleasing this turn, lets hope for more of the same...

Power - not a flicker from YM last turn. Maybe next turn...

Demos

I ended turn. Just a thought - should we put some hammers into spears in Gallipoli and Konigs?

That northwestern continent is a warzone! I guess ours is now too.

So both Nuremberg and StrayGeese can be one-turned out of the fog (not just out of the city-centres either). We'll have to watch out for that ... and maybe try and take advantage of it.