Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Turn 125 the aperatif

Eh? I think Ichabod wants kicking in the arse... I said no since we have bigger fish to fry. Lets close borders next turn.

Okay, I spent a while working out what is possible in the spreadsheet and then I put us back into slavery.

whip I think we can get three axes out of Hastings by eot 128, which - if Suttree takes the second half of the timer - is just in time.

We can get two axes out of Jamestown by eot 126 if we whip this turn - which gives us a turn to spare. I can't see a way to get three out by eot 127. frown

At Koniggratz we can whip a barracks next turn, then a bowman (wasting three hammers) then we can finish chopping the forest 2N of Konig t128 to complete an axe and we can finish chopping the forest between Konig and Nibru t129 either for an axe or for walls. I think walls will probably be more use, so we could try to get stone from someone.

Whipping the missionary in Dunkirk lets us complete an axe next turn, then we can get a second axe to arrive in time if Suttree spends time bombarding. (Actually if I'd held off whipping for a couple of turns it would probably have been better, but I'm drunk so it's not my fault.)

I'm putting a hammer into a bow in Gallipoli - we can whip it or ignore it next turn. I decided against doing the same for Cannae as new pop there are so expensive now.

Whipping the missionary in BoP this turn lets us get religion into Konig a turn before we need to build the walls. The bowman that follows eot126 will arrive in Konig on t130, just in time. Not whipping means the missionary arrives on the turn we need it and the bowman arrives after the bombardment turn. I think I want to give us a bit of extra breathing room, so I whipped this turn.

So I whipped BoP, Dunkirk, Hastings and Jamestown. I also moved worker N to start chopping next turn. I think we need another worker (most likely the one chopping the jungle E of Gallipoli) if we want to get the iron ready before completing the chop of the forest between Nibru and Konigs.

Finally I set science to a level that I think will allow us to 1-turn Construction next turn if we decide we want some cats. I just want to know what Ichabod makes of it when we close borders and our power starts spiking...

Nice job on the mobilization.

Turn 126

Ichabandit seem keen on our dye, but we already have spices so I'll decline.

m_h pillaged our nets so I think we need to kill his galley. I think we put our two boats 1S so that he has a chance to attack but no chance to get away.

Looks like YM have moved against m_h - their war weariness is 102 and m_h got a great general... Also note we got Taoism in Hastings!

Nothing new in the stack, I wonder if Suttree knows that our chariot can see into the city? m_h's scout seems to be suiciding at Suttree. Would you like to counter-attack Madrid? I think two axes and two bows could be combat-roaded next to the city t129 or t130. We'd need to burn the city, but that could be fun! Our chariot can tell us what's in that city next turn, but perhaps waiting until the turn after might be better because then he could do it without Suttree knowing he did.

Things to do:
- Whip light brigade
- Decide where do we build a work boat for Cannae - probably BoP?
- Do we whip the lighthouse in France or finish it normally?
- Do we whip the bow in Gallipoli?
- Whip Barracks in Koniggratz
- Sort out tiles for Agincourt - work scientists or coast?
- Taoist missionary towards Konig? The other to Jamestown?
- The worker micro on the Suttree border (it probably carries on as planned, but I didn't do it just in case)
- Move new units towards Konig
- Decide if we complete Construction this turn

Power

Demos

I just did a bit of simming - attached is a sandbox with 15 cats and 15 axes outside Hastings and six bowmen and 17 axes defending.

If we attack out with our axes we tend to kill all but 4 or 5 cats leaving Suttree in this situation, from which he'll need very good RNG rolls to win. I think the walls are pretty vital though.

To do what THH wants - draw him in and wipe out the stack - we can stage our axes outside the city where he can't see them. Also if we produce any catapults they can attack after we've hit most of the catapults.

Back to business.. crazyeye

First comment: ****ing suttree.. rolleye If suttree's reaction to city raze had been the same that TBS/Jowy seem to have our position would be great. cry

(November 23rd, 2013, 07:22)Old Harry Wrote: m_h pillaged our nets so I think we need to kill his galley. I think we put our two boats 1S so that he has a chance to attack but no chance to get away.

We could actually move 2S and just try to make m_h move back south. (If he moves towards our island we need to attack). The idea is that mackoti is surely going to finish m_h in the near future, so just waiting 5-10 turns might save us 1 galley.

Quote:Looks like YM have moved against m_h - their war weariness is 102 and m_h got a great general... Also note we got Taoism in Hastings!

Finally a GG, at least m_h has killed some units.. Taoism in Hastings is awesome news! jive

Quote:Nothing new in the stack, I wonder if Suttree knows that our chariot can see into the city?

Yeah, hopefully not, but he should.. mischief It was really important we took the vision of Barcelona. That's actually a bit more units than I was expecting.. rolleye 1 idea is to lure suttree in by placing 13 axes NW of König when he moves in. Those axes will then kill his cats and rest can sit in the city. About your earlier comments, Walls in König might well be the right move, we can time the walls whip so that we know that suttree is actually moving in.

Quote:Would you like to counter-attack Madrid? I think two axes and two bows could be combat-roaded next to the city t129 or t130. We'd need to burn the city, but that could be fun! Our chariot can tell us what's in that city next turn, but perhaps waiting until the turn after might be better because then he could do it without Suttree knowing he did.

I like the idea! mischief Actually, should we put us in 1-turning distance of HBR and if the opportunity arises take the city with HAs instead? I don't think we are going to build any cats during the next couple of turns. I would love to build HAs or Cats instead of axes, because those units will be much more valuable in 50 turns, but suttree's stack composition and expected attack date really cries for our 35-hammer shock axes. We don't have enough time/resources to build a big enough stack (including cats) so that we could kill all suttree's units in one turn.

Things to do: (comments)
- Whip light brigade (done)
- Decide where do we build a work boat for Cannae - probably BoP? (I switched BoP build into WB)
- Do we whip the lighthouse in France or finish it normally? (I like waiting, because I want to grow that city onto the next riverside cottage)
- Do we whip the bow in Gallipoli? (let's do it)
- Whip Barracks in Koniggratz (done)
- Sort out tiles for Agincourt - work scientists or coast? (I thought I had assigned the tiles last turn so that the city could grow this turn, but I must be mistaken. I switched it to 2 scientists now)
- Taoist missionary towards Konig? The other to Jamestown? (sounds good)
- The worker micro on the Suttree border (it probably carries on as planned, but I didn't do it just in case) (yeah, let's keep improving stuff there for now. However, we need to re-evaluate this every turn, we might need to do some kind of quick combat-roading or jungle chopping when the fireworks start..)
- Move new units towards Konig (I think everything except the 2 CG bows move at least SW of König)
- Decide if we complete Construction this turn (see the HBR idea above)

I think I have couple of other ideas, but this is enough for now.. Let's start reading your next post.. wink
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Okay, it turns out my drunken ravings weren't so far from the mark, we're gonig to try to mobilize 16 shock axes on the assumption that we'll face 15 catapults. I'm pleased with the plan at Koniggratz - we'll whip the barracks and bow, then a chop will finish the axe and another chop will finish the walls all in the next four turns. After that we'll decide what to do with the overflow.

Welcome to Peterloo. Going barracks first yikes

We've still got seven cities without Taoism, four of which can get natural spreads, we'll convert Jamestown next turn and Koniggratz the turn after. France or Nuremburg should build the missionary for Issy. Maybe Nuremburg once it's done the barracks?

Ichabandit is building cottages on our border and we have visibility into Stray Geese now which doesn't seem aggressive.

So we'll chance our arm with cancelling open borders. popcorn

And offering them back for 5gpt (still a good deal as they'll be getting 15 gpt from them, lets see if they agree.)

We discussed and we think Horseback Riding is a good next tech instead of Construction as we can then hit Madrid out of the fog if our sentry chariot reveals weak defenses...

I like hitting Madrid with two-movers. I'm not sure about moving one-movers in because I was under the impression they were needed at Koniggratz. The sentry chariot can stay hidden, yes?

(November 23rd, 2013, 16:04)TheHumanHydra Wrote: I like hitting Madrid with two-movers. I'm not sure about moving one-movers in because I was under the impression they were needed at Koniggratz. The sentry chariot can stay hidden, yes?

Yeah, we probably want all the available axes and bows for fighting suttree's stack. Sentry chariot can stay hidden as long as we don't lose more tiles to suttree culture and don't check Madrid until T128. (Next turn the chariot would not have enough movement points for that)
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Cool. I wish we could chop all the jungles east of Koniggratz so suttree can't escape onto defensible terrain once he's committed, but I don't think we have the worker-turns for that ...

Ichabod accepted our offer and now pays 5gpt for the OBs. I wonder if he is pissed off right now or whether he considers it only fair after his own latest actions. tongue

Anyways, we are currently making 15 gold per turn from selling OBs to different civs (and +5 gpt from selling dyes to TBSJ). Not too bad! mischief I think it's fair to say that getting early-ish Alphabet has paid itself back.. jive

@Hydra: Yeah, our workers are a bit busy and e.g. chopping for walls feels more important than clearing those 2nd-ring jungle tiles. I also would like to wipe the whole stack of suttree, but If we manage to kill ~10 cats and maybe couple of axes and force him to retreat again it would be a good result too.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3