Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Probably not. It was an intentional action on your part, not a misclick. Anyway, could be much much worse :-)

No way would a reload have been reasonable. You tried to game a system and misunderstood a mechanic and it bit you in the ass.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Yeah, no real grounds for reload and no reload requested!

But damn, this came out of the blue! We had found couple of PBEM references and Old Harry simmed this. It did not even cross my mind that this could be different in Pitboss. Apologizes to harry from my part for pushing the delayed tech selection!

Anyways, this is not the end of the world. Lets make the most out of this (and pop mining on T6) lol
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Thanks for the answers guys, that's what I suspected, although the hissy fit I would have thrown if we put the beakers into something crap would have been spectacular. cry

Anyway, I guess we have a choice now, finish fishing, then go Mining->BW, or switch to Mining, finish BW five turns later than planned, then get fishing. Do you have a preference? Afraid I haven't got time to sim these today.

And on scouting I think I'd like to go NW, see what is over the land bridge and get all the nearby possible-second-city land explored before setting off to find other civilizations...

Lets finish fishing first! Those openings have their advantages anyways! Re scouting, NW is good.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 5

Yadda yadda yadda fishing is obviously the best opening for us here, we never even thought of going mining first, selected, etc. bang - more importantly though:

WEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUTWEGOTAHUT!!!!!!!11!!!2!"one!

I assume we pop it and head SW onto the GF hill. But do we want to wait a turn and pop it after we finish fishing? Anyway I've ended turn so we're just waiting on Azza and retep.

Looks like Suttree popped a tech too, it's 4000 soldier points so I'm saying it's the wheel to add to Fishing/Myst (as a FIN civ starting with fishing he could have hand-researched other techs by now, but not this one). Also I think retep popped one of Fishing, Agriculture or Masonry and I've no idea of Plako's as we didn't get a demos shot before he popped it. I've added a tech tracking sheet to the google doc, but I don't expect to keep it very well up to date with this many players. shakehead

Demos

jive

I think we pop it immediately and if we pop fishing (3 beakers) we just banghead
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

And change the thread to be "Fintourist and Old Harry bang heads"

(July 27th, 2013, 17:35)Old Harry Wrote: And change the thread to be "Fintourist and Old Harry bang heads"
Deal. lol
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 6

William LP and mostly_harmless finished their first techs this turn, for a total of 2000 soldier points so one of them got fishing, the other got mining... No idea which though.

And our hut got us...

100 gold!

And another source of dye - along with the wrong end of a river - so this bit has been balanced, did the river get added or was it more land that got put in? Scout plan for next turn is move NW and see what is in the fog...

Demos