Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

100 gold is good! It's not mining, but still a great result smile

NW-SW sounds good.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Is that the max. gold you can get from a hut? I've never gotten that much before ... we may have just gotten very lucky.

Turn 7

I just went and did the scout moves and ended turn. (for once I was quicker than Harry) neenerneener

I decided to move NW-SW and ended up on the jungled hill, but revealed pretty much nothing (read: more jungle):

[Image: PB13%20T70000.JPG]

It is pretty depressing that we havent revealed a single >4 food resource that we can work before IW+Calendar. (EDIT: There is that one cow resource in the east though)

So where next? NW might be a dead end and I kind of want to keep exploring south and reveal max amount of tiles, but we don't really a have a site for our 2nd city yet.. cry
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I haven't seen that much cash before smile

Do we stick with the worker or build a work boat now?

I'm starting to think NE will be the best second city site. But I think the first priority for the scout is to uncover the west and possible seafood rather than going south...

(July 29th, 2013, 01:57)Old Harry Wrote: Do we stick with the worker or build a work boat now?

I'm starting to think NE will be the best second city site. But I think the first priority for the scout is to uncover the west and possible seafood rather than going south...

We stick with worker! I tested a while back just in case those Worker-"switch to WB"- Finish Worker openings and earlier fish improvement is not enough to compensate for later corn, mine, etc. If we had started with Fishing, WB first could have worked.

Yeah NE is pretty much our only option currently. We can share one of the fishes and at least we would get a plains cow.. mischief

Let's move next NW with the scout?
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Agreed, nw next.

I just spent my lunchtime fiddling with the spreadsheet going fishing first, I can get the settler out eot34, but with a size one cap and only a worker and warrior for company.

Alternatively this gets the settler eot36 with a size 2 cap, a worker, work boat, warrior and BW a turn earlier (I haven't simmed it so this isn't guaranteed) allowing us to start chopping earlier. But it wastes a couple of hammers due to whipping a warrior (ouch!).

Can you beat that? smug

Turn 8

Ninja

I saw Bacchus log into civstats so I thought I'd make sure I'd get this turn. tongue

Moved NW and found a fish. How about this for the next three turns?

Demos

(July 29th, 2013, 08:20)Old Harry Wrote: I just spent my lunchtime fiddling with the spreadsheet going fishing first, I can get the settler out eot34, but with a size one cap and only a worker and warrior for company.

Alternatively this gets the settler eot36 with a size 2 cap, a worker, work boat, warrior and BW a turn earlier (I haven't simmed it so this isn't guaranteed) allowing us to start chopping earlier. But it wastes a couple of hammers due to whipping a warrior (ouch!).
Cool! I will try both of these! We should have time until T15 to test stuff and also hopefully find a solid place for the 2nd city. Btw, my current hypothesis is that growing to size 2 ASAP after the worker is done beats the hammer-heavy approach, but we'll see!

Quote:Can you beat that? smug
I promise! I mean, challenge accepted! hammer
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

And, btw I agree with the scouting plan so go ahead and do the next moves when you have time. I'll be the next ten hours at work..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3