Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Maybe press alt-s to highlight a tile en lieu of having the cursor there during screenies?

(April 1st, 2014, 10:46)TheHumanHydra Wrote: Does dtay have an Artist? 'Cause that city plant looks threatening ...

Hmm good point.. nod I need to clarify that with OH + study the event log. Anyways, we still have 6 turns (IIRC) left of our enforced peace with dtay so the threat is not immediate.

Quote:What did you do with Mack's offer? It might be best to accept ... Wonder who he's going after ...

Sorry, I guess I was not clear enough, yes I accepted it. I hope he is going after someone and not just trying to keep us passive until his power edge is enormous.. We speculated with OH that Azza's islands could be possible target for mack, but scooter's island holdings might make more sense.

(April 1st, 2014, 13:40)Hashoosh Wrote: Maybe press alt-s to highlight a tile en lieu of having the cursor there during screenies?

Thanks, I'll try that next time! thumbsup (with my old computer it kind of worked automatically and now I'm confused what to do) :P
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

mackoti is perhaps saving you for tanks + bombers, and is more than happy using his navy to seize lands/cripple rivals for now.

This isn't really a good era for overland attacks, is it? Railroads, machine guns, cannon to hit invading stacks...

What does Dtay's navy look like? Navy-of-Business or pleasure-yachts?
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Hey all, Young Harry was born yesterday at half four weighing 7lb 11oz (3.5kg) and wearing the cutest hat.

Fintourist will be playing the turns for a little while but I hope to be shouting abuse from the sidelines when I get time. In answer to the questions:

1. I don't think I'll be taking a look
2. Missionaries are the only thing I was transferring. If our scouting knights found anything more dangerous in Macks lands we could get some cuirs back, but there's nothing too scary so far.
3. There are a bunch of workshops with one turn left on them for when you switch back to Caste, otherwise I was building roads and chopping forest on dtay's borders.

Tactical idea: we throw everything we have at dtay in 8 turns. Discuss...

ps Didn't Ichabod kill our galleon with his privateer?

Congrats on the young 'un! May your sleep go as well as you can manage it for the next few months. lol toast

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(April 1st, 2014, 21:55)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Congrats on the young 'un! May your sleep go as well as you can manage it for the next few months. lol toast

Yes This! CONGRATS

Congratulations, Harry. party

hey, Commodore passed you in views. Whatcha gonna do about it Fin? popcorn

Some later events of T210

1. Commodore signed defensive pact with dtay
- This is bad news for two reasons: a) We are hoping that people would not be peaceful, because that does not create us opportunities to improve our position. b) If we declare war to dtay in hope of getting enforced peace we lose our trade routes to Commodore, which would be bad...

2. Mack did the expected and I can see some extra defenders heading to border cities.
- This is pretty neutral news, especially because I accepted that last diplo offer (+other big picture reasons), which means that it's not clear that we would attack even if mack left every border city empty. Btw, our border is pretty tense meaning that if one of us commits enough 2-movers it won't be too difficult to raze 2-3 border cities. Both of us have enough collateral+stuff though so that keeping any gains is significantly more difficult and costly and at this point 2 city razes are probably not worth it for either side...
- Mack also has a knight scouting within our borders so I brought our cats a bit closer so that we are better prepared in case he would launch an offensive. Most likely thing to happen is new set of enforced peace locking borders for 10 turns. There is simply not enough gains in offensive for mack, yet, and most certainly not for us, probably ever. We need a world war.

(April 1st, 2014, 17:55)Molach Wrote: mackoti is perhaps saving you for tanks + bombers, and is more than happy using his navy to seize lands/cripple rivals for now.

Yeah, very much possible. He most definitely has not converted his great MFG to troops yet.

Quote:This isn't really a good era for overland attacks, is it? Railroads, machine guns, cannon to hit invading stacks...

Without tech advantage that's true. I would imagine that taking out Bacchus or Azza in this era with Cannons+stuff could be done very efficiently though. If we would neighbor one of those guys we would certainly give it a shot. But yes, if both sides field a stack of cannons and similar strength units, you should better know what you are doing if you move into your opponents territory.

Quote:What does Dtay's navy look like? Navy-of-Business or pleasure-yachts?

lol I guess it's somewhere in between, he probably has a handful of Frigates and Galleons on his west coast (we have seen some), I doubt there is a huge navy hidden somewhere. So... I would say our navy is bigger, but it's all committed to protect us from Ichabod. If we would somehow get a 50-turn NAP with Ichabod, we might be able to opportunistically attack dtay's nearby island and also hold our gains. But yes, we can't really afford a cold navy war with two opponents at those waters. Dtay's coastal production capabilities are surely stronger than Ichabod's as well.

(April 1st, 2014, 20:54)Old Harry Wrote: Hey all, Young Harry was born yesterday at half four weighing 7lb 11oz (3.5kg) and wearing the cutest hat.

Congrats here as well smile I've heard that those with cute hats are quick to learn new things. I know that you will be busy for now, but let me know if Young Harry has time to step in and take care of some turn-playing duties! mischief

Quote:1. I don't think I'll be taking a look
nod

Quote:2...

Good, just wanted to make sure.

Quote:Tactical idea: we throw everything we have at dtay in 8 turns. Discuss...
Hmmmm.... mischief

Quote:ps Didn't Ichabod kill our galleon with his privateer?

Nope! I replaced the galleon now with a C1 frigate there as you suggested.

(April 2nd, 2014, 00:26)Ceiliazul Wrote: hey, Commodore passed you in views. Whatcha gonna do about it Fin? popcorn

Damn it. cry Now that I'm writing our reports it's hard to imagine that our popularity would improve...

Hmm, so your hinting we should better do something. Ok, first iteration:
Step 1: We declare war on Ichabod, Mack and dtay at the same time, but don't attack, just for confusion. Maybe sign enforced peace with them.
Step 2: We boat plako and capture couple of island cities

(the funny thing is that this would probably even be semi-feasible, but adding one further angry neighbor might not be the smartest move...)

2nd idea: OH starts posting daily pictures of YH wearing funny hats and playing civ.. please
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

2nd idea is doable. I'll have to see if I can manage it without his mother noticing...

Ways to catch Commodore: Run an elaborate advertising campaign in another game involving a Smurf and ensuing controversy thus attracting new readers to all your threads. Is it too late to claim that I'm Kuro? Alternately, since most of our thread views are probably me, FT and THH we could switch to one post per page...

Com and dtay signing a pact sucks, but I don't fear dtay hugely here, we've got a decent crumple zone with him unless he has an artist (I haven't seen one) and our power is way ahead of his.