I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

(April 10th, 2014, 09:59)Old Harry Wrote: Caste/bureau sounds good to me, what about OR instead of theocracy? How much infra do we build over the next five turns?

I switched to OR & Buro! Buro got us around +50 gpt extra (+100 from capital and -50 from civic costs). OR gets us around 40 hammers per turn currently as we are producing several drydocks and costs us around 20 gpt. We will lose maybe 20-30 XP points during the next 5 turns, but that's a decent trade. Most importantly OR speeds up Wall Street in capital. In 5 turns we surely want to switch back to Theocracy and need to consider slavery/nationhood if we feel insecure.

Quote:Is ichabod's navy still in the city? No change to the garrison?

Very likely no changes tongue I actually started playing our turn including scouting moves, then Ichabod logged in and played his turn. So I don't know if he added something during his turn, I doubt. He produced a frigate in BoM during the inter-turn.

I could have saved our galleon from his privateer that he produced in the west, but it would have been a double-move so I of course didn't. Our turn order has been changing a bit during the last turns and I probably try to play our turn early-ish next turn so that we get the first split. It does not really hold any tactical advantage/disadvantage in this situation, but if we go forward with the attack my nerves are not going to be able to handle waiting and I just want to get it done asap. crazyeye And if for some reason Ichabod would not be able to play his turn in time it would mean that a) I would need to come up with some stupid excuse why I can't play before Ichabod, b) alert him that the turn order has some significance currently or c) force me to double move him, which are all stupid scenarios. Oh well, if I'm at the university, asleep or something, then so be it and we just hope that everything goes fine anyways.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 217

I played our turn but did not take pictures this time, all is set for our crazy attempt. It all depends on whether Ichabod pays attention this turn so cross your fingers.. please

There is not much to say about the current turn. We will end up with 3000 gold and next turn we could start researching again and take Steam Power or Sci Meth in three turns, we could actually probably squeeze a tach in three turns already with our current stash. We are now 3rd in power again so mack probably passed us, but nothing terribly threatening has appeared. Ichabod front is unchanged. We keep producing cavalry, cannons and some rifles at constant pace. Naval production is mostly paused, but first drydocks finish this turn, which changes the situation again.

(April 10th, 2014, 20:40)Lewwyn Wrote: I know the turn has rolled, and I should have said something the minute it happened, but could we reload to my last turn? I misclicked a 100 unit stack, and then wasn't sure if it warranted a reload because it wasn't like someone was logging in at the time, but now I've been convinced that it should have been reloaded.

I haven't logged in since then so I didn't see what scooter did. I'll understand if the consensus is no.

I'd appreciate if someone could pause the game until I get a ruling. I don't want to log in and mess up the auto save in case I do get the reload.

I'm cheering for Lewwyn, but I don't think there should be a reload. We have also suffered from couple of misclicks and played on although this is of course something bigger. However, now too much stuff has happened, cities have changed hands and at this phase replaying your turns in the same was as you did and not using any extra info is kind of difficult. Btw, Lewwyn should not have said anything about 100 units. I don't think it was intentional, but if I were scooter I would be pissed off. Now all his neighbors got the confirmation that Lewwyn has a major stack fighting scooter. I'm hoping still that scooter gets piled on, but I hope that it does not happen because of this comment.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

If he'd asked straight away I'd have said yes, but its too late now.

I guess we need to log in at the turn roll and (if the situation is favourable) declare so that ichabod doesn't get the chance to accidentally double-move us. Or do we just send a pm or something after he plays this turn?

I suspect I'm more hopeful for your scheme than you are...

What is your prediction for Mackoti's behavior over the next ten turns? Is he attacking us with infantry?

(April 11th, 2014, 02:51)Old Harry Wrote: I guess we need to log in at the turn roll and (if the situation is favourable) declare so that ichabod doesn't get the chance to accidentally double-move us. Or do we just send a pm or something after he plays this turn?

Yeah, let's just try to play first now that the turn order is set, but Ichabod does not know that it exists yet. PM would not be that good, because if Ichabod reacts and we call of the attack then those Galleons "just happened to be there with no ill intentions".. crazyeye

Quote:What is your prediction for Mackoti's behavior over the next ten turns? Is he attacking us with infantry?

Over the next 10 turns, I doubt. He has a huge MFG, but not a huge power yet so I would not imagine him starting a conflict unless we give him too delicious opportunities. We now have rifles in our southern border cities just to make a 2-mover attack less appealing and if he brings in a 1-mover stack we have a decent amount of cats/cannons so that he really needs a reasonable SOD of we can just kill the attackers. And, thanks to our knight scouts it's not so easy for him to organize a surprise attack. Not impossible, but fairly impractical. So yes, short term feeling about dtay and mackoti is good, but it can all change very quickly. One sign of weakness and then our central position can lead into a huge pile from every direction. Kind of what TBSJ experienced at the end.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

dancing

dancing

dancing

hammer

hammer

hammer
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

popcorn

(check your gchat)

cmon now, enough with the suspense!

sure Ceil!

Turn 219 - starters

I admit. I know what I am:

[Image: pony.jpg]

Buuut, I'm happy that my lonely trick is what it is.. crazyeye

I was clicking refresh something like every 3 minutes when I noticed that scooter was playing his turn. I simply could not wait to log in and see if Ichabod had noticed our Galleons "hidden" inside Vittorio Veneto.

I go in..

Aaamazing. Is this really going to work??? yikes I just need to avoid miss-clicking and "Whositing" (sorry!) our fleet crazyeye

Yep, luckily I managed that:

Our C3 Amphi Cav won the first fight with 37 % odds. jive Rest was 90-97 % depending whether I used cavs or cuirs.. nod

This is what BoM looked inside:

You may remember that it was also Ichabod's HE city. Man this was important raze considering our naval build-up...

Speaking of naval build-up... And here is the whole point of this attack:

This shot was taken when there was 1 lonely HA left in BirthOfMusashi.

Yes, there were 15 Frigates, 4 Galleons... ..... .... inside the city.. All those ships were inside BoM.. Do I need to emphasize that this makes our situation a lot more comfortable on these waters? mischief I'm sorry Ichabod alright

It would have been extremely costly to kill those ships in a fair fight. Currently we would not have been able to do it without whipping more navy despite our promotion advantage..

Can someone confirm that all those units are dead now and not teleported next to our capital or something? I expected to see an animation of sinking ships.. :P

And we also pillaged 253 gold:

Ichabod has 3 "hidden" frigates in that little lake and those are now trapped. I have to say that Ichabod fooled me here, I did not think that he had more ships than our scouting revealed. I should have known it though, because we knew that he is able to 1-turn frigates in BoM and there were turns when nothing was added in the city. smoke

So yeah, we lost 0 hammers, probably 1 musket next turn though, but destroyed a size 19 HE city and killed units/ships worth of more than 2500 hammers.. I think my conclusion is that best naval fights are amphibious attacks as well.. hammer

More to come.. Now that we have kind of survived the first punishment wave that we invited by taking Ichabod's island cities we need to decide how to continue and survive the threats looming at us in our main continent.. crazyeye Tech path chat is ongoing with OH..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

OMG.

That's cold.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Ouch! That's a heavy blow to his army, heavier to his mfg and maybe deadly to his morale.

yes, the boats in a conquered city are destroyed. Wow, alright for Ichabodhi.