For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

Turn 219, a turn that will live in infamy
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

yikes

[Image: bhKp2.gif]

Great plan nicely executed. Good work FT.

Just for the record we'd probably have left Ichabod alone if he hadn't built so many Frigates. At least until we had enough stuff to totally wipe him out on his own territory mischief.

Great work, guys.

BTW - I think Lunch should head over to Bacchus' land to see what Plako is going to do with that army - take out William or think about us?

(April 12th, 2014, 12:21)pindicator Wrote: Turn 219, a turn that will live in infamy

lol That's exactly what I thought. Which leader is Ichabod in this game, not FDR I hope. If he is IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL UP IN HERE.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

This is the answer to 'what's cooler than being cool'. Ice. Cold.

(April 12th, 2014, 21:59)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(April 12th, 2014, 12:21)pindicator Wrote: Turn 219, a turn that will live in infamy

lol That's exactly what I thought. Which leader is Ichabod in this game, not FDR I hope. If he is IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL UP IN HERE.

smile I totally missed Pindicator's quote! Very apt. Except that we were totally justified and definitely not an unprovoked aggressor nono.

Pindicator - how come Scooter is flying solo now? Or is that spoiler info that we'll have to wait to read?

Everyone else - Ichabod's stack of 40 knights is by his capital, which means we have one turn to burn RockAndTheTree and two turns to destroy BridgeGojoAv before they can reinforce. Although given how easily we cut through the last bunch of knights maybe this is our best shot at clearing out Ichabod's army so we can take the mainland from him. If we do manage to kill those two cities he'll be down to two cities capable of producing boats down here and we'll feel even safer. smug

Turn 220 - start

Thank you guys for all the comments! bow

As OH said our plan wasn't to attack Ichabod's mainland but those ships were just so threatening and because Ichabod gave us a chance to kill them.. we simply had to try.. Imagine Ichabod upgrading his ships and those 20 Frigates and 10 Galleons forking our cities. I did not find that thought funny at all.. shakehead

Anyways, a true invasion is still completely out of the question. Ichabod's power is still respectable. We know that he has ~60-70 knights and IIRC we have seen around 20 cats there as well. So yes, if we would invade we would need to be able to handle an attack of 100 units.. I guess we could do it if we would commit enough troops, currently the tech situation favors us too: Ichabod has muskets, knights & cats, we have cavalry, rifles and cannons. However, Ichabod is only 1 tech away from Rifling, probably something like 3-4 turns from now he gets it if he went for it (he finished RP couple of turns ago).

The most important factor is still our super annoying central position. If we send 100 units and try to eat Ichabod, I wonder if mack and dtay would just cheer for us and leave our core alone.. Yeah, we (read I) barely have balls to commit those 15 units sitting in our galleons for this attack.. crazyeye

Anyways, now that we attacked Ichabod again I guess we should make the most of this situation.. Which means hurting his coastal production capabilities even further.. hammer

Here is the current situation. Ichabod moved his 2 galleons and 1 frigate into RockAndTheTree.. Either he did not care or did not believe that we still have steam to burn the city with 8 units in it:

But we might just have...

There are 4 unwounded rifles and we have 1 unwounded cuir and 1 unwounded cav.. And some cavs/cuirs have now or after promotion a decent amount of HPs.

We are currently chatting with OH how to do this. There is actually an interesting puzzle. Currently Rifles target pikes, but that will change when we bombard the culture. The thing is that we want to bombard the culture just that much down that our rifles still target pikes and clean the way for our 2-movers. If we bombard it completely rifles attack knights and our cavs/cuirs need to attack pikes, which should still work, but leads to slightly worse overall odds crazyeye
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3