Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

(November 12th, 2013, 13:11)TheHumanHydra Wrote: Are you sure they weren't just captured (in which case, still, build a friggin' army)?

Well, sure they were captured.. I'm just using a bit misleading language.. mischief Next time when I log in I show the latest power graph, which explains why I call it gifting..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I think I'm a mind reader. I did mention that Suttree would come back with 10 cats didn't I? (May have been in chat, not on forum) Anyway I agree with THH - it looks like three cats are heading south west. Our best-case scenario is if he goes for Koniggratz, but doesn't realise we know. Do you think he's seen our chariot and knows we know what is in Madrid? Any case we need to be sure our road will be complete in time and make a plan for getting our units down to Koniggratz... This time we should hide our axes behind the city I think.

To that end I think we need to move worker I (SE of Hastings) to continue the road a turn faster than K would manage. (K can chop or something.)

We want worker N (W of Konigs) to move N this turn, road that forest by t120 and chop t121-2. F can road the sugar t119-120 and also move to chop t121-2. Alternatively F can move N next turn and chop t120 allowing us to finish the chop t121 with help from K.

t121 may be a little hasty, but I'd rather have a bit of breathing room...

Oh and m_h didn't technically gift YM those cities. Technically. For some reason he's been pouring EPs into us for ages - we're at 107/71 I think. From war weariness it looks like YM didn't lose a battle. rolleye It'll be nice if Suttree moves SW so we can have our stack there in case there are crumbs to mop up, but we just don't have enough spears to beat a HA-based army (I assume) so if YM don't want us to we aren't getting anything.

One other option. If we run research in Agincourt instead of the lighthouse we can complete HBR this turn so that we've got something to flank cats with. Suttree's three spears makes me think that might not be so much use, but a couple of withdrawls will give our shock axes great odds on the cats...

I did a few obvious worker moves and whipped the settler in Issy. A few things left to do:
- move our lookouts back out of sight
- move Lunch (onto Williams roads, since Bacchus doesn't seem to have opened borders with us?)
- move the galley towards Issy (but wait until Ichy plays the turn to see where the phalanx go...)
- What to do with worker N (move north to start roading)
- Worker M can build grass cottages for BoP or Agincourt?

Final thought - if we road or chop the jungle E-SE of Hastings we could 2-move Madrid from the fog... I'm off out now, so feel free to either finish the turn now or in the morning...

(November 12th, 2013, 13:58)Old Harry Wrote: Anyway I agree with THH - it looks like three cats are heading south west. Our best-case scenario is if he goes for Koniggratz, but doesn't realise we know.

To me they looked like they were coming this way tongue Well we know next turn a lot more again

Quote:Do you think he's seen our chariot and knows we know what is in Madrid?

If he pays any attention he should know..

Quote:This time we should hide our axes behind the city I think.

My biggest worry currently is an attack along the coast towards Jamestown and in that case our axes are too far, but let's see..

Quote:To that end I think we need to move worker I (SE of Hastings) to continue the road a turn faster than K would manage. (K can chop or something.)

Sounds good to me.

Quote:We want worker N (W of Konigs) to move N this turn, road that forest by t120 and chop t121-2. F can road the sugar t119-120 and also move to chop t121-2. Alternatively F can move N next turn and chop t120 allowing us to finish the chop t121 with help from K.

t121 may be a little hasty, but I'd rather have a bit of breathing room...

I was thinking the same!

Quote:so if YM don't want us to we aren't getting anything.

I disagree! If m_h knows at least a bit what he is doing he should be able to whip a reasonable amount of spears and I doubt YM can conquer his whole civ without a pile of body on both sides. We most certainly should have an opening to m_h's northern cities and I'm all the time thinking how opportunistic we should be..

Althoug it's a bad sign that ym did not get any WW... rant Come on m_h...!

Quote:One other option. If we run research in Agincourt instead of the lighthouse we can complete HBR this turn so that we've got something to flank cats with. Suttree's three spears makes me think that might not be so much use, but a couple of withdrawls will give our shock axes great odds on the cats...

Are we sure HAs flank Cats in RBMod? And yeah, already those couple of spears mean that we need quite a lot of HAs before they get nice odds and become really useful..

Quote:'m off out now, so feel free to either finish the turn now or in the morning...

Sure, I'll take care of it! I probably whip Jamestown..?
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(November 12th, 2013, 14:54)Fintourist Wrote:
(November 12th, 2013, 13:58)Old Harry Wrote: This time we should hide our axes behind the city I think.

My biggest worry currently is an attack along the coast towards Jamestown and in that case our axes are too far, but let's see..

I meant if he goes for Koniggratz. If he does head north again how about roading that jungle and stationing our axes and a couple of bowmen on it?

Quote:so if YM don't want us to we aren't getting anything.

I disagree! If m_h knows at least a bit what he is doing he should be able to whip a reasonable amount of spears and I doubt YM can conquer his whole civ without a pile of body on both sides. We most certainly should have an opening to m_h's northern cities and I'm all the time thinking how opportunistic we should be..

Only if Suttree leaves us in peace for a bit though rolleye

Quote:One other option. If we run research in Agincourt instead of the lighthouse we can complete HBR this turn so that we've got something to flank cats with. Suttree's three spears makes me think that might not be so much use, but a couple of withdrawls will give our shock axes great odds on the cats...

Are we sure HAs flank Cats in RBMod? And yeah, already those couple of spears mean that we need quite a lot of HAs before they get nice odds and become really useful..

They do, we'd need a stables (or vassalage), then they can get 50% withdraw - but yeah, shock axes are still our most efficient unit against cats.

(November 12th, 2013, 14:54)Fintourist Wrote: Sure, I'll take care of it! I probably whip Jamestown..?

I wish it wasn't necessary...

Just had a look.
- I think we should finish Mono at 40% to give us flexibility to run 100% or 0% next turn
- We should offer Bacchus a sugar - gems deal before ending turn (if we don't think he'll log in again before next turn - otherwise offer it next turn)
- Did you offer Bacchus OBs after he'd finished turn already?

Had a quick chat - I sent Bacchus a free Open Borders agreement and a sugar for gems exchange (both of us only have one of each, but can hook more soon), whipped the axe in Jamestown and set research to 30%. Fintourist will end turn in a bit.

On the subject of early bulbs and academies:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid395299

I'm not sure I entirely follow what Seven is saying about bulbs increasing your average tech costs (2nd last paragraph). But it sounds clever and we should switch to Pacifism right now... yikes

Wanna tell us what Suttree did?

Turn 119 Breaking news:

[Image: PB%2013%20T119%20suttree0000.JPG]

yikes

[Image: PB%2013%20T119%20Marble0000.JPG]

nod

We had a quick chat with Harry and accepted both offers. Whole speculation why, what, where and other news will follow when I'm not blocking anybody from the game and can take more screenshots...
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

That's great, but let's still be ready for whatever he might have in 10 turns. Prediction: he's figured he can better recoup his losses against m_h than against us - or he's about to come under attack by yurimack. In either case, it seems we'll be going on the offensive shortly.

Marble trade is interesting - William ain't shooting for MoM or anything I guess, and isn't afraid of us doing the same. Should we? (Or did it fall already and I'm just behind the times - does it even do the same thing in this mod?)

(November 13th, 2013, 13:06)TheHumanHydra Wrote: That's great, but let's still be ready for whatever he might have in 10 turns. Prediction: he's figured he can better recoup his losses against m_h than against us - or he's about to come under attack by yurimack. In either case, it seems we'll be going on the offensive shortly.

Marble trade is interesting - William ain't shooting for MoM or anything I guess, and isn't afraid of us doing the same. Should we? (Or did it fall already and I'm just behind the times - does it even do the same thing in this mod?)

Quick reply:

Suttree already declared on m_h. However based on latest events in civstats (haven't logged in yet) it seems that yurimack took the border city that suttree was surely eyeing. Things might really get interesting..

Bigger update with pictures and our own planned reaction later!
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3