For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Krill - PB15 - Khan supports involuntary euthanasia providers

I set up a program to spam your blog with views from a proxy in Singapore.

It is part of my inscrutable plan for world domination.

Never mind.

(September 11th, 2013, 17:50)Krill Wrote: OK, one of the reasons I write the reports to a blog is so I can see the stats, of who often each report is read, the views per day, that sort of thing.
So what are the others just out of curiosity?
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(September 11th, 2013, 17:50)Krill Wrote: OK, one of the reasons I write the reports to a blog is so I can see the stats, of who often each report is read, the views per day, that sort of thing.

But why is the country that has the second most views of my blog Singapore?

Where's Brazil in the list?

Views for the past 7 days.

Country Views
United States 305
Singapore 155
Belgium 51
Brazil 46
Canada 40
United Kingdom 36
Germany 35
Russian Federation 29
Hungary 27
Australia 22
Netherlands 20
Sweden 19
Ireland 15
Turkey 14
Poland 14
New Zealand 10
Finland 9
Austria 9
Spain 8
Bulgaria 8
Peru 7
Romania 6
Korea, Republic of 5
Norway 5
Portugal 1
Denmark 1
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Norway would be me :D

And just for the record, I love your idea of making turn reports on a separate webpage. Mind if I steal the idea? What platform are you using?
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Sure, it's fine to host reports whereever you want, the only problem is that you run the risk of other players stumbling across it. Sullla used to post various game reports to his website, but they were in a very different form to how I report.

I'm just using a basic blog on wordpress, and host the screenshots on either dropbox or photobucket (I have to swap to dropbox after a while because I use all of the free bandwidth on photobucket). Completely free hosting, basically. It would be possible to do the basic concept of setting up an index of turn reports in the thread, but frankly I would want mod control over my thread which would never happen on a forum. And it's trivial to copy/paste each turn report as you post it to google docs so you have a spare copy online anyway.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

I'm actually surprised Belgium is so high ... more than Canada or the UK??

Not going to be making a proper update tonight, revising for an exam tomorrow morning (on the bright side you'll get about 4 updates tomorrow I think, unless someone breaks the server or forgets to hit enter).

However, I can say I'm researching AH third, and taking a risk doing so. But I think it's a reasonable risk...researching anything else wouldn't help much if Commodore has copper at his capital and axe rushes me.

Load of reports to come today, but second city is settled.

Sorry for the delays...