For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Adventure Fifty-Nine: Christmas Potluck - CLOSING DAY

Christmas trees as Easter eggs? Confusing...

(December 18th, 2013, 20:19)T-hawk Wrote: Just to recap the usual RBCiv tournament rules for players unfamiliar with them:

- No talking about anything that happened in your game until report day. Each player plays without spoiler knowledge of anyone else's game.

- Mods like BUG are not permitted for tournament competition. There is a small list of approved mods which generally cover graphical elements like fonts and colors, found here.

- Keep some savegames in case any questions arise on scoring, but there is no need to submit a completed savegame, we work on the honor system.

Another thing I remember from previous adventures: I believe you're allowed to reload for a misclick or UI snafu, but only if there is a save for that turn. So make sure that the .ini file is set up to auto-save every turn for this case.

17 signups in the first day. So even if only half play far enough for a report, odds are that you will see at least one other player on the same civ to compare with.

18 here, pm sent. thanks t-hawk!

(December 18th, 2013, 20:06)T-hawk Wrote: - No previous owner of the tile lost it by conquest or cessation. Taking ownership by culture is OK as long as the tree is still there.

Does this include barbarians? I.e. if a barb city spawns next to a Christmas tree, and I capture it, does it count?

Thanks for the game T-hawk!

Good point, I didn't think of that. Yes, capturing a tree from a barbarian city still counts. Read the rule as "no previous owner civilization".

Not a big deal, but in my save (won't mention which civ) there is a single unfogged pigs tile WAY off on the other side of the world. I am assuming this was just a minor glitch in WorldBuilding the starting save.

Thanks for the game, T-hawk!

Oops, crap, I know how that happened. Will explain on report day. Yeah, ignore it, it doesn't mean anything for you. It will be the same for all players of that civ, so won't affect the competition. (I could make a new save to fix it, but would be unfair to players who already have the save.)

While I'm here, one more clarification: Founding a city on a tree doesn't count, since that clears the forest so you'll never actually own the tile with the tree.

19 with PM just sent. Now to see if I can actually find the time with starting so late. Jan 13 isn't that far away.

I was going to report this, but I've written the first two pages and I'm just not feeling it - I'm writing very drab and dull, and nobody will enjoy it, and taking the screenshots is a PAIN. So I'm just going to take screenshots of all of the xmas goodies I find and leave it at that.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?