Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Pitboss 11: Post-game thread

That tool does not account for being able to share early food, does it? I think not, and that makes a HUGE difference early on too. As awesome as our capital was, I would have traded it for WilliamLP's in a heartbeat to be able to split off a second early, monster city. Don't get me started on resources and # land tiles. Whew!

GG WLP

I haven't read anything that you guys have write so far, because you know my incredible hate towards all of you neenerneener
I'm very busy so I'll probably take me a week to read your threads, I hope you don't mind some necro thread on Sunday night.

Anyway gg everyone, I feel a little frustrated at some points which make the fun parts even more fun.
Also I don't know if you notice william but three turns ago I think? Me, xenu and wetbandit were log in at the same time. Yes we were planning your downfall. mischief

Forgot duh my password is everyonebowtoretep If anyone want to check, but I have to say in my defense this last two turns I was so tired when I play that have no idea what I was doing.

Actually the pasword is PABLO neenerneener

(January 27th, 2014, 22:51)retep Wrote: Also I don't know if you notice william but three turns ago I think? Me, xenu and wetbandit were log in at the same time. Yes we were planning your downfall. mischief

Lol, from my thread:

WilliamLP Wrote:Retep was logged in for over an hour and a half, at the same time as Bandit and Xenu. This is more than he's been logged in all month, perhaps. So he's planning something... And it's probably not immediate war with Bandit or Xenu either, if he's concerned about the turn split.

He's now running 0% science, and cash-rushing with Kremlin I suspect. It appears I'm going to need to focus hard on military for a while to equalize the power.

(January 27th, 2014, 22:44)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: That tool does not account for being able to share early food, does it? I think not, and that makes a HUGE difference early on too. As awesome as our capital was, I would have traded it for WilliamLP's in a heartbeat to be able to split off a second early, monster city. Don't get me started on resources and # land tiles. Whew!

GG WLP

Serious question, where would you have put that second city?

1NW of the corn looks fantastic until you figure out how long a settler would take to get there, and how many worker turns to get a road to the capital. (Note the awesome Rube-Goldberg Arabia opening, mining the pigs to grow while building work boats since we start with no useful techs, and even Agriculture seems like a waste for just one dry rice.)

Mind you I don't envy your start at all! Blocked off to the south and screwed for copper even worse.

And my start had a lot of advantages not obvious at first. Access to islands, a lot of land to grow into after iron, the northeast site (with horses not yet revealed) is amazing. Not least and it has to be said, the play of my north neighbor. (I thought I was being a little harsh in my thread, but man I feel bad for some of the things said in the Lurker thread!) Really Kuro had no realistic options in this game other than to wage all-out war with me which fortunately he didn't do.

I can't really tell but I was expecting retep to win a war against WLP by destroying his navy in the open. Once battleships appear you need to hide your navy in your cities because the attacker always wins.

(January 28th, 2014, 02:20)NobleHelium Wrote: I can't really tell but I was expecting retep to win a war against WLP by destroying his navy in the open. Once battleships appear you need to hide your navy in your cities because the attacker always wins.

Is that because of air power first strike? I was hiding my navy toward the end in an inaccessible cove when Retep started building bombers and battleships. I am pretty interested in how this era of war would play out in practice. It feels like a big advantage to the defender because you can see everything coming from a mile away with air scouting.

The problem with our capital's food is that we couldn't share most of it off ever. We could share a plains cow and a deer, but we sat capped (very few early happy resources) for a long time. Your seafood you can at least peel off to that second city, allowing you to share every food resource and letting the capped capital to work cottages until you can grow again. That isn't a great city #2 for you, but down the line I'm sure it was a tremendous advantage and got up and running very quickly. That was a really good Moai city. I really regret having lost ours once it finally started producing for us.

Once bombers arrive, it's all offense. You can collateral a stack all to hell from quite a distance and not leave your planes sitting easily for counterattack. He got there a little before you did and could have done some serious damage by striking first. This is with no knowledge of how things actually looked in his civ though.

He'd also need a place to bomb from in the effective range though, within 8 tiles, right? I don't think he had a base close enough to my core to do that. Or he'd need to invest in carriers but I didn't see any. I wonder how effective a defense are fighters on intercept missions? They hit all bombing missions in their 6 tile range I presume? (I read that a full health fighter has a 100% chance of intercepting.)