Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Pitboss 11: Post-game thread

(January 31st, 2014, 14:51)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I can confirm that even really late in the game, Wetbandit's nine move transport would have made a mockery of William's capital defense, no matter how stout that longbow was. lol

Fair enough! I knew Bandit had a GG transport and I didn't think he could win the game by attacking me, but it probably would have wrecked mine up to the very end to have my capital and Moai city razed in the same turn. And this should have been in my consciousness - it wasn't. A lesson learned for me for next time then.

For an example game of how badly a capital raze can hurt, check out whichever PBEM game it was where Ceilazul took over for Catwalk. I don't remember the details, but Ceil was behind and his neighbor (was it AT?) made a mistake guarding his capital on a shared border. A glorious capital, whose sudden razing effectively knocked him out of the game. And paved the way for Ceil to come back for a concession.

Mammas, don't let your babies forget to guard their capitals.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I don't disagree with your point, but its best to remember that that *was* a 24x24 game with an amazing capital, so not an entirely fair example. Perhaps a more relevant analogy is PB1, though I'm sure more defence would've been brought in by then.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I finish reading all the threads (yes I took me a long time) it was very fun, I especially like Molach thread, very funny lol

I must admit I feel a litle silly making ranking when nobody else was doing it. Also Xenu if you take into account the post/view count ratio the yours is not the most interesting thread after all neenerneener

Anyway thank you for the reports guys, it was a good game.

I still haven't made it through all of them, I just started on the ones closest to my neighborhood. I was a little dismayed to see how far off the rails things really went for the Russian civ. yikes

Suttree, your thread was informative and well done and you played a good early game. I think you misread Oxy just a bit and may have been hurt by your diplomacy style. At one point you called BXB's manhood into question because we weren't menacing Russia quite enough for your liking. All I can say about that is that the hammer bonus for chopping jungle isn't quite what it is for chopping forest. bang There were plenty of things that we hoped to do and never really could do for one reason or another.

For the most part, I'd be happy to play another game with you guys in the future. For such an imbalanced setup, the game was relatively drama free IMO. I'll still be slogging through these threads for the next little while, so look for some more thread necros later on.

Retep, your blashpemy on post/view count ratio won't save you. Size matters. wink

Also, retep, rankings are great. They make for great discussion fodder and are a good way to articulate how you feel about the state of the game. We typically didn't bother once the game was a three way race with you, WilliamLP, and wetbandit.