For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

Turns 0-1

2nd page again! yikes Must post..

- Still in replay-mode
- Hut jive
- No really good spots for a 2nd city in the south shakehead
- We found coast, cross your fingers for lots of seafood.. please
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Didn't we decide that THH had to pop the hut seeing as neither of us has any hut luck?

Totally. mischief THH, clear your schedule for hut-popping fun!
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

You should probably go ahead and do it. I may or may not be installing Windows tomorrow depending on circumstances, but you shouldn't count on me getting everything set up in time. Soon, guys, I promise! lol

A sandbox to work with v 2.0.6.4 of the mod based on what we could see on t0 - so already out of date!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86tvxmbzs3tj91...dSwordSave

Turn 3

I jumped in (eventually) since we want to play ASAP just in case there is a hut to be raced for. We'd decided going NW was the best move last night which means this is what we can see. I guess we go NW-NW next turn?

Demos and some other stuff, just in case anyone wants to know what the lurkers are up to...

Turn 4

Thanks OH, I was out yesterday and without you I had been the last one to play!

Lurkers, note our gold stash. That's from the hut on T2. Not in the same ball park as an useful tech, but still a good above-average result. nod

Our southern area is not too delicious with all the plains and tundra, but there are still city sites worth settling. This however looks more promising...

So T5.. Whoever of us is awake earlier next turn should go and grab that hut I think.. popcorn
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Totally in same ballpark, once you settle your first city. That's like two extra techs before turning on gold!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(March 23rd, 2014, 08:10)Commodore Wrote: Totally in same ballpark, once you settle your first city. That's like two extra techs before turning on gold!

Well I agree that it was a nice result and I'm not complaining at all thumbsup but I still claim that getting e.g Agri or Wheel would have been significantly better. The thing is that it takes a fair bit of time to actually spend that gold and according to my preliminary sandboxing and estimations we won't get the next 3 techs after BW early enough for efficient worker support (the price of mysticism start here, I guess). On the other hand, this will still improve our Pottery ETA significantly (which makes me happy) or maybe we could consider that gold as a free archery if we take it as the 6th tech or something. Anyways, with this number of players I guess someone will pop BW and that's a really huge boost. popcorn
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Well? whip

Looks like there wasn't a tech in the hut alright, what was there?