I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

As a clarification to OH's post:

On T199 Pindicator decided to move his stack two tiles east (for an unknown reason), which destroyed our initial attack plan. His new caravel also might have given him a warning, but we won't ever know if that would have been the case.

Anyways, now our attack won't unfortunately be such a crushing strike that we had hoped (all pindi's units dead on the first turn of attack and 10+ cities captured during the first 5 turns). We are moving in with a different approach and pindi now has both good and extremely bad responses. We'll see how things go. Our tech and power edge should be big enough that we can just win this war with brute force, but we still aren't allowed to screw up. This attack is supposed to help us economically and speed up our space race timing, not cost a bunch of resources for minor gains and delay it.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Just as a heads-up, things look promising.. So this should be a bloody turn.. nod hammer
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

http://www.twitch.tv/old_harry

I hope you're going to do whatever magic is necessary to save the stream so I can watch it once I'm home from work!

And/or a detailed report. That'd work too nod
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(February 24th, 2015, 16:07)Mardoc Wrote: I hope you're going to do whatever magic is necessary to save the stream so I can watch it once I'm home from work!

And/or a detailed report. That'd work too nod

Yeah, I doubt you want to watch this monster of a stream.. OH's dedication to report has been pretty good, so you should not be too worried nod
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Speaking of streams ... that little lake 1NW of Avernus is going to be blood-red this turn, due to all the killing that took place up at its headwaters. Just as a spoiler. wink

How long was it?

Novice stats says cities fell about 80mins apart... thats watchable. In the background while studying, especially worth it.

Probably 2 hours in total with a slow tempo. The stream was ~20 seconds delayed, which made chatting about it pretty difficult..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 201 - Operation Inelegant Brutality

Named by our chronicler THH, Operation Inelegant Brutality was a little more delicately planned than its name suggests. Essentially though, rather than cleverly railroading our way to Pindicator's stack with 1-movers we had no option but to hit with all the 2-movers we have. But would the plan work? If you have the patience this stream is three hours long, but without sound and trying to follow fiddly chat-text it's probably a bit of a slog...

We began by declaring and killing a Caravel.

- SOTL vs Caravel 99% WIN (1 hit)

Things at Avon Grove should be fairly straightforward:

- C2 Inf vs Musket 75%.... LOOSSSS without a hit
- C2 Inf vs Musket 75%.... LOSS with three hits
- C2 Amphi Cuir vs CG2 Longbow 70%... FLAWLESS WIN
Now we had to bring up another boat rolleye
- Inf vs injured Musket... 99%.... WIN

No pic of the capture but we got 209 gold, a Granary, Lighthouse, Harbour, Forge and SA! And unloading the remaining Infantry in the city we captured the four workers on the hill as well smile.

At Crow’s Bridge a Drafted Inf walks into the undefended city giving us 41 gold and a Granary.

At Strand bombarding gives an easy battle:

- C2 Amphi Gren vs C1 Swword 96%...WIN!

We receive 123 gold, a Lh, Forge and a SA smile.

Next our Commando fun starts. With a railroad laid our Commando A goes for Gate of Storms:

- C4 Commando Cav vs spear 99%... FLAWLESS WIN!

67 gold, Granary and Forge are all included in the package, along with the Commando still having 4 moves left. We'll come back to that. And we'll come back to city conquests in a bit too.

Stack Attack:

At this point we need to know how our stack attack will go, before we can decide which further cities to commando. The majority of our 2-movers are unloaded, with five Cuirs held in reserve. We've got some 20XP Cav which would have got better odds on the C3 Cuir and Formation Cuir that were top defenders, but I think they will be too valuable to risk here.

- C2 Cav vs C2 Formation Cuir 65%... WIN!
- C2 Cav vs C3 Cuir 70%... LOSS (one hit)
- C4 Cav vs C2 Cuir with promo available 89%... WIN (3 hits) - up to 22XP
flanked 6 cats
- C4 Cav vs C2 Cuir with promo available 89%... WIN! (2 hits) - up to 20XP
3 flanks
- C4 Cav vs C2 Cuir with promo available 89%... WIN (6 hits!) - up to 20XP
4 flanks
- C2 Cav vs C2 Cuir 75% (7% retreat)... WIN (1 hit)
- C2 Cav vs C1 Cuir 79% (6% retreat)... WIN (3 hits)
- 4 flanks
- C2 Cav vs C1 Cuir 79% (6% retreat)... WIN 4 hits
- C1 Cav vs Injured C3 Cuir 86% (4% retreat)... LOSS (2 hits)
- C1 Cav vs Glowing Cuir 79% (6% retreat)... WIN (3 hits)
- C1 Cav vs Glowing Cuir 79% (6% retreat)... WIN (2 hits)
And Killed two Cats!
- C3 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 77% (3% retreat)... WIN (4 hits)
- Cav vs Glowing Cuir 75% (6% retreat)... FLAWLESS WIN
Killed another cat
- C3 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 77% (3% retreat).. WIN! (5 hits)
- C2 Formation Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 90% (3% retreat).. FLAWLESS WIN!
- C3 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 77% (3% retreat).. WIN (2 hits)
- C3 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 77% (3% retreat).. WIN! (3 hits)
- C2 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 73% (4% retreat).. WIN (2 hits)

- C2 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 73% (4% retreat).. FLAWLESS WIN
- C2 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 73% (4% retreat).. WIN( 2 hits)
- C2 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 73% (4% retreat).. WIN (3 hits)
- C2 Cuir vs Glowing Cuir 73% (4% retreat).. LOSSSSSSSSSSSSS (1 hit)
- C2 Cuir vs 9.5 Glowing Cuir 90% (4% retreat).. WIN( 4 hits)
- C2 Cuir vs Sword 99%... WIN

If poor Pindi had promoted these Cuirs to C2 we'd have done much worse - as it was it looks like the RNG favoured us after the tough start at Avon Grove. Two of our three 2-mover losses came against the same C3 Cuir, who lives to fight another day. With five Cuirs still in reserve we can now have another look at the west.

At Tallow another Railroad is built, then:

-Commando cav vs warrior 99% FLAWLESS WIN!

We get 206 more gold along with a Granary and a SA smile. We also killed a great merchant which Pindi may have been storing for a golden age soon mischief. Reinforcing with two Infantry along the railroad *should* keep the city safe.

Then at Scales:

- C4 Cuir vs Warrior 99%... WIN

256 gold, a Granary, a Forge, Grocer, SA and 18 pop twirl ­ along with 12 turns of revolt cry. At this point Commando A joins his colleague to help defend Scales from any units out in the fog. Two cavalry wouldn't normally be enough, but defences around here are light... Two Infantry will join them next turn to be sure.

The mopping up phase begins - we don't want any units to interfere with our new cities you see.

- C2 Inf vs Cuir 95% ... WIN (2 hits)

- unpromoted 18XP inf vs CKN 99%... WIN (1 hit)
- unpromoted 18XP inf vs CKN 99% WIN (1 hit)
- C1 inf vs CKN 98% WIN (2hits)
This last kill uncovered another Cuir 1E of the CKN tile:
- Inf vs C1 Cuir 98%... WIN (2 hits)

Now we're sure we've killed off everything that could mess with our conquests the remaining 2-movers can hit the remains of the stack:

- C2 Cuir vs C1 Sword 99% WIN (1 hit)
- C2 Cuir vs CKN 99%... FLAWLESS WIN
- C1 Cuir vs CKN 99%... WIN
- C3 Knight vs CKN 99%... WIN (3 hits)

This leaves Pindicator with ten CKNs, an injured Cuir and two Swords. We covered the stack with four Infantry and Strand with six and three Grenadiers. I hope this provokes him to wasted the CKNs because that makes taking the Shrine city easier, but I bet they just fall back behind the city walls.

Finally we wanted to thin out the six pikes in Avernus:

- C1 Inf vs C1 Pike 98%... FLAWLESS WIN
- C1 Inf vs C1 Pike 98%... WIN (1 hit)
- Inf vs C1 Pike 96%. WIN (3 hits)

So this was a really enjoyable turn to play, it left us only 22 XP (11 as we're IMP) from our next Great General.

And it left the Chinese Empire a shell of its former glories. We need to be vigilant for dtay and Dreylin/Cynheard trying to muscle in on our kill, but I doubt the former will, and the latter could help us end our war weariness nightmare (is 130 a lot?) sooner. We hope our Commandos will make the conquest of the north easy, but we'll have to see what Pindi builds and upgrades this turn...

In other news Krovice have a lot of stuff going on near to BGN here. They are still at war, so I wonder what's the deal...

Demos and power

(February 24th, 2015, 17:53)Ceiliazul Wrote: How long was it?

Novice stats says cities fell about 80mins apart... thats watchable. In the background while studying, especially worth it.

Edited it into the post, or you can follow it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgikpY2-wPg

Novice stats should be called NoStats shouldn't it?