Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

The old NatNeg thread - How to avoid bouncing in Pitboss (without Gamespy)

Yes, the new IP is correct.

Thank you folks for taking the time to keep MP Civ IV alive!

I am currently trying some work by dingus221 for a lobby replacement. This should not affect the NATNEG - if you feel that it does please let me know.

Hi. Natneg seems to not be working for us here in Georgia today. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Edit: I've noticed that this seems to be running on an Ubuntu box. Zulan, would you mind building a .deb or releasing the code to be compiled so that we could run our own NATNeg server? I have a teacher that uses this game for his class, and he had to cancel class today b/c NATNeg didn't seem to be working. I have an ubuntu server in-house that I could run the service on. Thank you!

(November 11th, 2014, 15:09)spiait Wrote: I have a teacher that uses this game for his class, and he had to cancel class today b/c NATNeg didn't seem to be working.

Derailing thread for more info about this class. popcorn

(November 11th, 2014, 15:09)spiait Wrote: Hi. Natneg seems to not be working for us here in Georgia today. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks for the report - I was already aware of the issue and restarted the natneg server now.

Unfortunately we are having some networking issues since the lobby is running. This may or may not be related to code changes or more heavy usage. It seems to be related to C# / wine. Unfortunately the error message is less than helpful:

Code:
NotConnected System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Error looking up error string
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginSend (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socket_flags, System.AsyncCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PRMasterServer.Servers.LoginServer.SendToClient (PRMasterServer.Servers.LoginSocketState& state, System.Byte[] data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

There is little that I can do to debug this issue. We can try to improve the error handling possibly some form of auto restart. Unfortunately I my time is very limited these days and I can also not respond as quickly as I would like to when it runs into this error (which requires a restart).

(November 11th, 2014, 15:09)spiait Wrote: Edit: I've noticed that this seems to be running on an Ubuntu box. Zulan, would you mind building a .deb or releasing the code to be compiled so that we could run our own NATNeg server? I have a teacher that uses this game for his class, and he had to cancel class today b/c NATNeg didn't seem to be working. I have an ubuntu server in-house that I could run the service on. Thank you!

The code is available at github:

https://github.com/Zulan/PRMasterServer
You can build this in Visual Studio on Windows relatively easy and simply run it with wine.

https://github.com/Zulan/miniircd
This is necessary for full lobby functionality (chat).

Note that I contributed only little to these codes. The natneg is work of Novice and the lobby functionality by dingus221, Master Server by AncientMan2002, Luigi Auriemma contributed alot of information regarding GameSpy protocl and Joel Rosdahl wrote the IRC server.

Zulan, as an over-worked IT guy, I can relate 100%. We're all spread VERY thin these days, it seems. Thanks for the information and to all that contributed!

(November 11th, 2014, 15:39)wetbandit Wrote:
(November 11th, 2014, 15:09)spiait Wrote: I have a teacher that uses this game for his class, and he had to cancel class today b/c NATNeg didn't seem to be working.

It's a Political Science class at The University of Georgia: http://columns.uga.edu/news/print/game-on/

Thanks.

(November 12th, 2014, 09:31)spiait Wrote:
(November 11th, 2014, 15:39)wetbandit Wrote:

It's a Political Science class at The University of Georgia: http://columns.uga.edu/news/print/game-on/

Ok, this is just awesome. I'm a UGA grad and took a lot of classes in SPIA (political science major). This class wasn't available when I was there several years ago. I'd be interested in a little more info on how this is going, and how you guys are managing some of the ethical decisions players would need to make (to slave or not to slave? Etc.) I won't completely derail this thread, so feel free to chat on gchat (click on my name for the info) or in my PB18 thread.