I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

The old NatNeg thread - How to avoid bouncing in Pitboss (without Gamespy)

To confirm, this server code is going to be available to any hoster/will be publicly released?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(August 7th, 2014, 15:23)Krill Wrote: To confirm, this server code is going to be available to any hoster/will be publicly released?

Yeah, the code is already public, here: https://github.com/novice-rb/PRMasterServer
(It needs a bit of cleanup though.)

Anyone could host it, but all players who want to connect to each other need to use the same NatNeg server. I should clarify, by the way, that you can use the NatNeg server hosted by Caledorn for any pitboss game, not just pitboss games hosted by Caledorn.
I have to run.

Of course everyone is free to use my server for this, even for games I am not hosting smile It hardly uses any traffic at all, and it's probably easiest if we just have one IP to relate to for everyone in their hosts file, so that we don't have to change that on a regular basis. I will post here if my IP changes for any reason.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I caun't find any hosts file in that directory. Just the 4 others.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

(August 7th, 2014, 15:44)Molach Wrote: I caun't find any hosts file in that directory. Just the 4 others.

In that case just create a new file containing the four necessary lines and save it as "hosts".
I have to run.

FYI to Novice and Caledorn, I posted a link to Novice's first post above over at CFC here.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

bow

Thanks for investing your time into fixing this. +1 internet cookies to everyone who helped!!! dance

Awesome!

Amazing stuff, thanks for your efforts guys. Just tried it and successfully connected to xenu. smile

Posted at 2K: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?6539...ost6419256

Also posted to the Bug Report, Technical Issues, and Multiplayer sections at CFC.

And at a few other civ forums.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Bravo, novice! bow