For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

The old NatNeg thread - How to avoid bouncing in Pitboss (without Gamespy)

Why would it kill the game? It only takes a few seconds to edit the file.

Also, take note that the IP does not change often - it is merely possible that it could change at some point in the coming weeks/months. If it does, you'll certainly be able to find the new IP in this thread, if we haven't figured out a better system by then. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Here is a general quote of my post and post of person who replied to me. I post it because it is annoying to read all the topic for someone who can help me.

I'll go outside of here after this message I think because it is preferable to dont create pollution messages in this topic.

(August 11th, 2014, 15:34)Jojo_Fr Wrote: Hello. The probleme with Evolve are it is slow sometimes, and sometimes you are kicked or cannot connect due to the server capacity reached.

My problem it's this fix does not work.

I have properly installed it, in the good repertory. Two guys have checked the things by remote controll access software.

Firewall and antivirus desactived.
Router well configured for game sharing etc.
Game restarted few times, PC too.

Someone could please help me ?

(August 11th, 2014, 15:34)Jojo_Fr Wrote: Hello. The probleme with Evolve are it is slow sometimes, and sometimes you are kicked or cannot connect due to the server capacity reached.

I have properly installed it, in the good repertory. Two guys have checked the things by remote controll access software.

(August 12th, 2014, 02:45)Jojo_Fr Wrote:
(August 11th, 2014, 16:12)novice Wrote: @Jojo_Fr: Open a command prompt and type

Code:
nslookup civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com

The result should give you the IP address 82.116.84.39. If it doesn't, there's a problem with your hosts file. The problem could be your antivirus software; you could try disabling it and then rerunning the nslookup command.

Also, the people you're trying to connect to need to have implemented the fix as well.

@Zulan, I don't mind at all - it's Caledorn's server though but he has indicated that he would be okay with anybody using it.

nslookup civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com open a window which instantaneous close.

So I press Pause with the Keybord. And I see that :

Server : dsldevice.lan
dsldevice can't find civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com : Server failed.

I tryed to recheck the antivirus and firewall. All desactivated. I descativated the Antispybot. Then I got :

Server : dsldevice.lan
Non-Authorisative answer
Name : civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com

I retryed to connect to a game, and I am still always blocked (but maybe normal if it is "non authorisative answer").

duh

(August 12th, 2014, 02:51)Jojo_Fr Wrote: spacetyrantxenu,

ping civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com =

Pinging civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com [82.116.84.39] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 82.116.84.39:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

You seem to say it's ok and should work. Anyway I tryed youripconfig /flushdns after, but the problem is still here.

(August 12th, 2014, 23:09)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(August 12th, 2014, 02:51)Jojo_Fr Wrote: spacetyrantxenu,

ping civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com =

Pinging civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com [82.116.84.39] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 82.116.84.39:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

You seem to say it's ok and should work. Anyway I tryed youripconfig /flushdns after, but the problem is still here.

Sorry I missed this one before. Your ping request shows that it is resolving the correct IP address for the server (pulling the one from the hosts file, matching Caledorn's server IP address). I wonder if it was one of the times the server was down?

No it was during the time the server was down. All otheres play was able to play, except me. And i make several test. Two person had got remote controll access to my PC to check if I had made the things good.

I would like help please. bow

A person has said me it could come from my router, another person has said not at all. twirl

(August 12th, 2014, 23:08)NobleHelium Wrote: So, someone not as lazy as me should take the GitHub code and see if it could be feasibly hosted on Heroku

Heroku can only handle http traffic.

Current platform requirements for the NatNeg server: Must be able to run a .Net console application and handle UDP traffic on ports 27900 and 27901. The IP address should ideally be static.

It looks to me like Windows Azure Cloud Services satisfy these requirements, but pricing starts at £10 a month.
I have to run.

An intermediate workaround: Someone could write a desktop app to handle it for the less techy players. It could automatically find and edit the hosts file. It would only need to ask for the IP address and everything else could be automatic. It could even have a "test" button to make a test call to the NatNeg server.

(August 13th, 2014, 09:16)T-hawk Wrote: An intermediate workaround: Someone could write a desktop app to handle it for the less techy players. It could automatically find and edit the hosts file. It would only need to ask for the IP address and everything else could be automatic. It could even have a "test" button to make a test call to the NatNeg server.

I imagine such a file would probably get redzoned by every antivirus program out there. lol

But yeah, a possible workaround for less technically inclined players.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

(August 13th, 2014, 09:16)T-hawk Wrote: An intermediate workaround: Someone could write a desktop app to handle it for the less techy players. It could automatically find and edit the hosts file. It would only need to ask for the IP address and everything else could be automatic. It could even have a "test" button to make a test call to the NatNeg server.

The ultimate workaround just has a "Fix it" button, and does a dns lookup on caledorn.no-ip.org to find the IP address. Or actually, the ultimate workaround is a window service that does this once every hour, with no button clicks involved.
I have to run.

The ultimate workaround would be a virus transmitted to civ IV players when they try to connect to the pitboss server or each other, that fixed their hosts file. nod

So, um, someone going to implement that into a mod?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Hello,

probably I know an ultimate solution which do not need any entries in the hosts file. We only need one fixed domain which we to connect Caledorn's server (or another with almost 100% uptime). Then, we patch the exe and replace the gamespy url's (just a few bits) with the new domain name. Everyone, who use this new Exe should never need any changes.
The usage of a new exe should be a tiny drawback. (It's no need to overwrite the originial file…)

Edit: I've done a test with a domain of me and it works as desired.

Regards Ramkhamhaeng (from civforum.de)

P.S. We working currenty on a Mod which fixes some other bugs off pitboss servers, but it's to early to present it here.