Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

The old NatNeg thread - How to avoid bouncing in Pitboss (without Gamespy)

We have made a successful test with the natneg today. We made a game with three players and at least one of players who joined did not have port forwarding. It did not work with the original version, but reliably worked with the patched exe.

Edit: It also seems that there is some other activity on the server.

"Edit: It also seems that there is some other activity on the server."
Zulan, that might be us, we have been using ur natneg server for our teamers almost since u started it. We organize those teamers from skype and from evolve. It works good.
If anyone wants to find our groups and parties, you can add me on skype or on evolve - dingus221, its like 40-60 people i think - old teamer players.

Before that we used Caledorn server, which worked good too.

P. S. How did you guys figure out that direct ip needs this natneg server to work?

(August 28th, 2014, 03:07)dingus221 Wrote: P. S. How did you guys figure out that direct ip needs this natneg server to work?

We used Wireshark to inspect the network traffic during a connection attempt.
I have to run.

(August 28th, 2014, 03:07)dingus221 Wrote: "Edit: It also seems that there is some other activity on the server."
Zulan, that might be us, we have been using ur natneg server for our teamers almost since u started it. We organize those teamers from skype and from evolve. It works good.
If anyone wants to find our groups and parties, you can add me on skype or on evolve - dingus221, its like 40-60 people i think - old teamer players.

Before that we used Caledorn server, which worked good too.

P. S. How did you guys figure out that direct ip needs this natneg server to work?

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad to hear it works for you.

Novice, how much effort do you think it would be to also run the lobby over the "PRMasterServer". Judging from the original readme, it seems that the code baseically has this functionality, but civ4bts is not supported.

(August 31st, 2014, 10:42)Zulan Wrote: Novice, how much effort do you think it would be to also run the lobby over the "PRMasterServer". Judging from the original readme, it seems that the code baseically has this functionality, but civ4bts is not supported.

Not sure how much work it would be, but it's probably doable.
I have to run.

You should rename this thread to "All Pitboss players read this" so that it's more obvious that everyone needs to make these changes.

(August 31st, 2014, 15:11)NobleHelium Wrote: You should rename this thread to "All Pitboss players read this" so that it's more obvious that everyone needs to make these changes.

Or get a mod to put an announcement about it at the top of every page on the site? tongue

More seriously I'd like to see a pitboss/PBEM introduction thread which explains bugs, setup and RB etiquette all in one place. If I get the motivation I'll make a start, but would civ general be the best forum for it?

Hey now, the announcement doesn't say ALL pitboss players. wink

Kidding aside, maybe it would be better as a link?

Though I think the people who haven't seen it yet probably can't be led here.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?