For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

EitB 0011 Released!

Just a note that because the wording is incorrect (civ 4 not civ 4 complete), the program doesn't install eitb at all for v9! The installation procedure completes and nothing happens if the default directory isn't changed. Ask Sephi or some other modmodders for help or possibly rebuild the installation .exe I'll see if I can install eitb v9 to the correct location and see if that one works later tonight.

Try renaming the folder and removing the v11.1 suffix. I think that's how I fixed my install.

(November 19th, 2014, 14:53)Kragroth Wrote: Just a note that because the wording is incorrect (civ 4 not civ 4 complete), the program doesn't install eitb at all for v9! The installation procedure completes and nothing happens if the default directory isn't changed. Ask Sephi or some other modmodders for help or possibly rebuild the installation .exe I'll see if I can install eitb v9 to the correct location and see if that one works later tonight.

Does it not create a alternative file line under civ 4? I actually first installed under civ 4 complete and it made a couple of dummy files and then put it in there.

(November 19th, 2014, 16:23)Dreylin Wrote: Try renaming the folder and removing the v11.1 suffix. I think that's how I fixed my install.

Yeah, I think there must be an art reference or something, a lot of people are saying this. I'll be calling future releases just EitB.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Just a note, by deleting the numbers at the end I got it to work.

Finally worked this out. Copied/pasted from another thread:

Okay so this is a general issue that I've finally worked out. Basically, the art assets are all referring to the same "Erebus in the Balance" folder, a leftover from the previous modder, who didn't change version names from version to version. Thus, whilst the folder with all the xml/python/whatever can be a different name, the art assets all still need a folder called Erebus in the Balance in the mods folder, even if loading a mod with another name. That wasn't (and isn't) a problem for all the experienced players, who still have previous versions installed under that name, but it is for newcomers who don't, which is why it took me so long to realise the issue.

So all players already with a old version entitled "Erebus in the Balance" don't need to do anything, but otherwise you need to delete the suffix.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Hi guys! Thanks for the great work balancing FFH2.

There's something weird with the mod though - AI continuously declares war on me. I presume this is because it perceives me as a weak target as I tend to build a lot of magic users and garrison my cities with weak, outdated units.

When I destroy AI units, take a city and sign a ceasefire, the same civ declares war on me almost as soon as the truce is over.

It's a huge problem, because the moment first AI civ declares war on me, it's gonna happen every ten turns unless I destroy them completely. So, I'm forced to choose between total war or constant DOWs. It get's boring after a while.

I didn't seem to have that problem in FFH2, so I'm guessing it's something to do with EitB. Can something be done about this?

Cheers.

Honestly AI programming isn't my thing, and EitB has done nothing to alter it. I'd say talk to Tholal about it, but EitB uses a slightly older version of his AI mod, so we wouldn't really be able to make an effective solution. (EitB has stopped merging More Naval AI because they merged in BUG.)

Is the Lanun world-spell supposed to activate over a number of turns? Because I was playing tonight and the AI Lanun sprung it two turns in a row. One turn is annoying enough (especially as I was an innocent third party, no world spell should be able to destroy potentially half your improvements when you're just sitting on the side) but the second turn warranted an immediate quit to desktop, and IMO the decision should be reversed if its a deliberate code.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

This is most certainly not an intended occurrence. You weren't playing with two civs, were you? Or perhaps a Birthright Regained ritual fired off?

Regardless, could you post related saves - a few turns before and turns of would be ideal.

- The cumulative changelog at the end of the first message of this topic is a a dead link : Link.

- Is there somewhere a full changelog of all the things have been changed in Erebus on the Balance compared to FFH2 last patched version ?