Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Epic Forty: The Hittite Cosmonauts

Each city needs to build its own worker. If a city's worker gets captured, you can build another worker from that city to replace it. If you later recapture the worker, you have to merge one of the two workers back into the city right away.

Enslaved workers would have to follow the rules for captured workers in this situation. That is, you can sell them, disband them, or join cities with them. You may not use them to do any work. This applies even if the worker was "made" from one of your enslaved military units.

-Griselda

A problem has come up in my game- (trying not to give out spoilers), I founded a city which had overlap with an enemy city- it has control of 20 out of 21 tiles with a temple border expansion but I am not sure what to do now that I have noticed this breach of the rules...

Thanks in advance
Ignosco

Game Complete

I think you have to disband the city, unfortunately.

-Griselda

I'm assuming I can build a 2nd worker with Shakespeare Theater, since no hospital is necessary for that city.

Is it OK to build workers, settlers to merge them into other cities?

I'd prefer to keep things level, so even if you get Shake's, you can only build a second worker in that city after you've built a hospital somwhere else in your empire.

Your Hittite workers are proud, and wouldn't want to even enter the territory of another city, much less merge into it! So, I think settlers would feel the same way - no building and merging!

-Griselda

Quote:Originally posted by Griselda@Apr 10 2004, 07:31 PM
I think settlers would feel the same way - no building and merging!
Too late for me I'm afraid! Ah well.

This is the tricky part about questions after a game opens. I am going to allow settler merges for this game, because they weren't specifically outlawed by the rules.

For all future questions, I ask that people email me rather than post here, or just use your best judgement (keeping the "spirit" of the scenario and our tournament in mind). This is especially important now that some people have completed their games!

I hope everyone is continuing to enjoy their game!

-Griselda

Alllll done. The fun part of all this, though, is that I can't get to my webspace just now, so I can't host my own report, and come report day, I'll be exploring Canterbury, so no computer access for me.

So, plea for help, etc.

Can you email it to me so that I can post it for you?

-Griselda