For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

EitB v12 Wishlist/Progress

Esus does, arguably, have both a priest and high priest right now... they're Nightwatch (which can spread religion) and Shadow (well, umm... but, yeah, arguably). This is also why I was seeing Shadowriders in the Ratha mold: I assumed they'd be a limited unit. Hence the suggestion of Shadow II: it sounded like they'd be losing all the Steward of Esus stuff which the consensus seems to be is awkward to balance.
(Edit: Actually, I guess the Nightwatch is more on par with stuff like Soldiers of Kilmorph or Satyrs, now that I think about it.)

In fact, it sounds like you're doing away with all of the Steward of Esus stuff (which I'm fine with, if you want to go that way). But, for reference it's currently as follows:
  • Shadow casts Haste
  • Shadowrider casts ShadowWalk (Shadow II, which is why I suggested this) and Regeneration (Esus doesn't heal)
  • Nightwatch casts Poison (which, ironically, it can't use on itself) and Extort
  • It looks like all of them can cast Blur

I know the plan was to kill Extort. Was the plan to kill the rest of them too, or was I misunderstanding?

Ah ...

well, certainly Shadow should keep Haste (as well as the addition of escape) and Nightwatch should keep PoisonBlade .... Certainly for all to have Shadow1/Blur makes sense ...

As far as Shadowriders keeping Regeneration ... *maybe*? It seems really, really awesome, and I like it .... so I'd vote yes.

(July 9th, 2015, 02:41)Ranamar Wrote: Esus does, arguably, have both a priest and high priest right now... they're Nightwatch (which can spread religion) and Shadow (well, umm... but, yeah, arguably). This is also why I was seeing Shadowriders in the Ratha mold: I assumed they'd be a limited unit. Hence the suggestion of Shadow II: it sounded like they'd be losing all the Steward of Esus stuff which the consensus seems to be is awkward to balance.
(Edit: Actually, I guess the Nightwatch is more on par with stuff like Soldiers of Kilmorph or Satyrs, now that I think about it.)

Priests are ultimately characterized by the Medic promotions, really. That's why Esus (which is to a large extent about poison) doesn't have any.

I get the mirroring Ratha, but I don't see Shadow II as having enough value to go after, which is why I don't think that's where they should be taken.

Quote:In fact, it sounds like you're doing away with all of the Steward of Esus stuff (which I'm fine with, if you want to go that way). But, for reference it's currently as follows:
  • Shadow casts Haste
  • Shadowrider casts ShadowWalk (Shadow II, which is why I suggested this) and Regeneration (Esus doesn't heal)
  • Nightwatch casts Poison (which, ironically, it can't use on itself) and Extort
  • It looks like all of them can cast Blur

I know the plan was to kill Extort. Was the plan to kill the rest of them too, or was I misunderstanding?

Not yet, it isn't. I want to kill the rest eventually - it's a bit of a clunky system - but in the meantime it stays until we find a balance point for Esus.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Shadow II is an *extremely* weak spell that should probably be buffed ... but for now, having it is almost like not having it. it either ignores Walls, or Cultural defenses, I'm not sure which. Def has its uses though (can u imagine if it was BOTH walls AND culture?) .. or even if it was just bypassing hills/forest defense.

It needs to be tested, but last time I tested it I was specifically underwhelmed.

Version 12 Released.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.