For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

EitB Paring Questions

I agree with Mardoc- I mean, Assassins are already fairly expensive. If the new Nightwatch cost more than champs they probably won't get used. Assassins have the advantage of having 2 moves and doing poison damage, so Nightwatch won't be a straight upgrade.

Nitghtwatchmen having Guardsman + Marksman promotion works for me.

I guess Shadowriders being able to cast 'Hide' would be too OP?

Another idea for Esus: how about if your priests and heroes don't abandon you if you switch to Esus? You can't build more priests, but you get to keep the ones you have. Thematic and a nice boost.

I don't know about religious 'heroes' to be honest ... but ... well, perhaps the regular priests (and high priests, if any existed)

Also, the game should display for all other players that you are simply following your old religion (or if Esus your first religion, no religion at all). Perhaps not worth the trouble, but it would be an excellent idea. And that only yourself, or better yet, only fellow follwers of Esus, can truly see who follows Esus.

If it has no place in a multiplayer game, then just say so ... but I think it could come to some advantage. How obvious would it be that they no longer serve their former religion? I dare say it would not at all be obvious, except for the most rigorous cloak and dagger, and not to be fully and truly known until u see their Esus units running amok ... and this likely as not only in times of war.

(May 13th, 2015, 05:10)Tasunke Wrote: perhaps the regular priests

You already do keep those when you change religion. Only high priests and heroes abandon.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Nice idea, although it is more making it less-bad then it is good in its own right. I'll implement that when/if I can.

Nice avatar, btw.

The whole other players can't tell thing Sareln attempted way back in beyond, and there were issues with it. He's a better coder than me, so I'm staying well away. If you get it working, though, I'd test and include it.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.