Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

EitB Paring Questions

Another option for HA-esque Shadowriders is to simply make them identical to HA except they also do collateral. I suspect they'd see some use that way, although then the Nightwatch need a new gimmick.

Imho I think Shadow Riders should be 6 str, +2 poison strength, Shadow 1, Shadow 2, Body 1, Chaos 1, *slight* collateral (like FFH2 berserker slight), and an increased cost .... like 150 hammers vs 120.

And also the ability to cast 'Mask' for HN evil. (not that such a thing might matter in MP but ...)

As for Nightwatchmen, tbh giving them the Guardsman promotion would be interesting, although it might detract too much from the Bannor? Or even the Order (royal guards?). Maybe give *watchmen* the ability to carry hawks, and the ability to see invisible animals ... (or invisible units) along with their more significant collateral.
at somewhere between 80-120 hammers depending on base strength, etc. Like, if they were 4 strength +2 poison damage, they could be perhaps 80 or 90 hammers. (if they can't use metals)

Nightwatchmen are truly a strange unit, and I always thought it better served to switch them out for spy units ... but perhaps instead they could be given the ability to spy inside a city like shadows have. Fits in part with their 'spreading Esus' theme.

I think I'd prefer shadowriders that way to nightwatch that way.

Nightwatch could just be 6/6 assasins, for xh, in the sMe vein as Marksmen.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

xh?

well, Nightwatch being assassins, with Shadowriders having collateral, that is fine I think.

As in, for a certain cost I need to get to my comp to check/determine.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Give the Nightwatch both the Guardsman and Marksman promotions! Fits lorewise (a sort of police force that also serves the patron deity of assassins), and it makes them a little more versatile than just being beefy assassins.

Probably also a good idea to get rid of their Bowers requirement, since it's still really beaker-intensive given what you get out of it, but might want to knock them back down to 5 strength then (+ metal weapons), otherwise they're acting as a better, more accessible Champion replacement.

Quote:Give the Nightwatch both the Guardsman and Marksman promotions! .

What the...

I had this thought yesterday and forgot to share it. What are the odds...

Anyway, yeah, good idea. It does mean they're 7/7 with Iron, so they'll need to cost substantially more than assassins.

(May 5th, 2015, 14:09)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Anyway, yeah, good idea. It does mean they're 7/7 with Iron, so they'll need to cost substantially more than assassins.

Um, why? You already have to spend on several branches of tech, adopt the religion (giving up on medics, collateral, heroes, temple happiness). Is it really unreasonable for Esus to have a unit on par with Paramanders or Diseased Corpses?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Paramanders and Diseased Corpses also cost substantially more than similar alternatives that are worse - axeman and so on. Why would Esus be any different? Assassins are 4/6, whilst these would be 6/6 with Guardsman as well, and the ability to improve more with IW/Basium/Mines of Gal-Dur. Why wouldn't they cost more?

Strictly speaking Diseased corpses aren't necessarily better. Without an Aggressive Leader, they're actually worse.