Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Multiplayer after GameSpy - Lobby and NatNeg

Hey @Ramkhamhaeng, we're about to start a pitboss game but one of the players gets the following error. Wrapper, BTS2015 exe and wrapper libs are in the correct position. Any idea what it might be? Thanks in advance!

[Image: Wrapper-Error.jpg]

Edit: nevermind, it looks like it's working now. For some reason I don't need to specify the exe argument while he does. Just to make sure, if both original exe and 2015 exe are available, does the wrapper start the 2015 version? I think so, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

(July 1st, 2023, 08:01)45°38'N-13°47'E Wrote: Just to make sure, if both original exe and 2015 exe are available, does the wrapper start the 2015 version? I think so, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Yes, if both are available it prefers 2015. Why the exe was not found without argument I can not say ATM.

Is PBSpy struggling a bit with logging events? I've noticed quite a few missing events in some games like logins/logouts. PB71 is a frequent culprit - if you scroll down you'll see occasional things missing.

Noticed that too.

hello, need help frown

noob here n made all stuff hots file, reshift, cache, replace .exe but i got ¨contacting established peer (user)" error with many users, how can i fix it?

Hello. I'm a long time player of Civ IV BTS PBEM, and would like to expand my number of games/opponents beyond my one remaining Civ buddy.

I'd like to join a BTS game or three, either as a replacement or as a player in a new game.

I'm a shift worker, and so have a lot of free time on about 50% of days, but am likely to only get an average of one turn in on the other 50% of days.

Does Option A in the opening post of this thread still work for joining MP?

(November 8th, 2023, 20:35)ricketyclik Wrote: Hello. I'm a long time player of Civ IV BTS PBEM, and would like to expand my number of games/opponents beyond my one remaining Civ buddy.

I'd like to join a BTS game or three, either as a replacement or as a player in a new game.

I'm a shift worker, and so have a lot of free time on about 50% of days, but am likely to only get an average of one turn in on the other 50% of days.

Does Option A in the opening post of this thread still work for joining MP?

Hello ricketyclik,

I had no overview about new starting games or players needing a replacment, but I can answer the technical question:

Both Options should be still working. Option A redirects the requested urls on OS-level, whereas Option B replaces the urls in the game binary itself. The effect should be equivalent.
If A doesn't work maybe point 1 on this list helps: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/hosts-fil...in-windows

(October 28th, 2023, 15:56)Xpedrito Wrote: hello, need help frown

noob here n made all stuff hots file, reshift, cache, replace .exe but i got ¨contacting established peer (user)" error with many users, how can i fix it?
You didn't wrote if the error occurs if you join a game with multiple users online or with many users at different times. Maybe you had a IPv6-only internet connection and it is impossible for IPv4-Traffic from other players to reaching your PC.

Hi Rickeyclik. We recently started a 19 player game. I imagine next signups will start sometime in December for game start in Jan. Sign ups are generally done in a general thread post.

(November 9th, 2023, 10:25)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: Hello ricketyclik,

I had no overview about new starting games or players needing a replacment, but I can answer the technical question:

Both Options should be still working. Option A redirects the requested urls on OS-level, whereas Option B replaces the urls in the game binary itself. The effect should be equivalent.
If A doesn't work maybe point 1 on this list helps: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/hosts-fil...in-windows

Thanks Ramkhamhaeng.

I'm not sure how to find a multiplayer game. Can you or anyone advise me?