For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Multiplayer after GameSpy - Lobby and NatNeg

I want to make a real time game with Josh to try the CHT 2.0 for the PB59 and im unable to make this work. Im probably making something wrong so please tell me what it might be.

I have the civ4Beyondthesword2015.exe on /firaxis games/SidMeiers/Beyond the sword. I run it as administrator just in case of need (tried also without this). I go to multiplayer, internet conexion, create account i put [email protected], also tried with [email protected]. Username vanrober (also tried vanrober1, vanrober12, vanrober123) Password: 123 

And it sais loggin attempt has failed. I try to conect afterwords and it doesnt work.

If you are going to be doing real time with him you could try direct IP. That is what a friend and I have done for a while now. For reasons unknown one of us has to try to connect to the others IP, then that person can connect to actual person hosting. (so he tries to connect to me, times out, and then I can join his game).

Thanks for helping Josh out btw!

You can also ask in the running PBs if someone could let josh test the connection to the server
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(February 11th, 2021, 13:22)Mjmd Wrote: If you are going to be doing real time with him you could try direct IP. That is what a friend and I have done for a while now. For reasons unknown one of us has to try to connect to the others IP, then that person can connect to actual person hosting. (so he tries to connect to me, times out, and then I can join his game).

Thanks for helping Josh out btw!

I ve been only able to play with gira like that with hamachi. Which is a bit unconfortable. GKC told me to try this way and i wasnt able so... forum knowledge!

Quote:You can also ask in the running PBs if someone could let josh test the connection to the server

The plan was to make a blitz game to get ready for the  thought chess gameplay smile  (making the simil)

I created a few days ago an new account. So, in general… it should work.
I've send Vanrober the login data of an existing account. Maybe just the registration is affected.

@Vanrober: I should note that you only see games with the same mod in the lobby. So if you not find the game of your friend, check the mod name smile

(On your screenshot no mod name is shown in the upper right corner.)

(February 11th, 2021, 16:06)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: I created a few days ago an new account. So, in general… it should work.
I've send Vanrober the login data of an existing account. Maybe just the registration is affected.

@Vanrober: I should note that you only see games with the same mod in the lobby. So if you not find the game of your friend, check the mod name smile

(On your screenshot no mod name is shown in the upper right corner.)

I was trying to create an account and login and after that i would try to make it on the mod. Or at least that was my plan. I answered the PM Ramk, thanks for the help!

There is a dedicated test game under pb.zulan.net:2057, which runs on Zulan's/Ramk's PBmod_v9 (download via PBspy). Best way for him to test if his setup works.

After Vanrobers feedback I can confirm that just the account creation is affected.
Did not made any further tests to find the reason.

(February 11th, 2021, 16:19)Miguelito Wrote: There is a dedicated test game under pb.zulan.net:2057, which runs on Zulan's/Ramk's PBmod_v9 (download via PBspy). Best way for him to test if his setup works.

Yes, the most login problems, if any, can be tested here.
The game has also an PBSpy entry smile
https://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/1/

Hello. I am interested in running this PB mod on a Linux host under wine, as a server. Is there anything you've produced as a guide to running a PB server or is it basically just what is written in the civ4-mp github org and YggdrasiI's? I had some hangups getting Xvfb to run on-demand and make a VNC attach to the virtual display for management.

(April 16th, 2021, 15:42)HappyPart Wrote: Hello. I am interested in running this PB mod on a Linux host under wine, as a server. Is there anything you've produced as a guide to running a PB server or is it basically just what is written in the civ4-mp github org and YggdrasiI's? I had some hangups getting Xvfb to run on-demand and make a VNC attach to the virtual display for management.

Hello HappyPart,

nice to hear that someone want host games with our mod smile

I wrote some notes into this German wiki, https://civ-wiki.de/wiki/Pitboss_(Civ4)#...der_PB_Mod , but it does not contain any technical comments about problems with Xvfb.

Can you provide me an error message if you start the PB server with Xvfb?
Is it like this?
Code:
/usr/bin/xvfb-run: 184: /home/[...]/Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Civ4BeyondSword_PitBoss\(_Zulan\|_2014\).exe: Exec format error