For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Multiplayer after GameSpy - Lobby and NatNeg

(August 16th, 2016, 10:16)Zulan Wrote:
(August 15th, 2016, 20:50)kopuz Wrote: We are having troubles with joining and hosting a game.  

When we try to join any game that is listed in the game lobby we are told we have a version miss match.  I am confirmed running BTS 3.1.9.  Is this not the correct version?

When we try to host a game we (we all have the same version) we are still not able to join more than 2 people.  The host and 1 client.  Was there a step we are missing?  We have tried with the 2015 .exe as well.  No dice.

Help would be greatly appreciated, we had no idea the efforts  this community put into this incredible project!!!

Thank you in advance!

Yes, the version should be 3.19. Do you have any kind of mods installed? E.g.  BUG mod? Have you (all) setup port forwading? Anyone using ip v6 / DS-lite?
Does this server work with other games?

(January 7th, 2017, 23:24)Asbestosstar Wrote: Does this server work with other games?

At the moment only Civ4 vanilla, Civ4 BTS, and experimentally Civ4: Colonization.

Greetings. I used to direct IP host multiplayer Civ 4 on a mac for about 6 or 7 players a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. We tried to restart our multiplayer Civ 4 nights tonight and discovered that only one guest could enter the staging room with the others not able to establish a "peer connection" or something like that. I did some googling which led me to this thread. I believe there is some fix for PCs involving a "hosts" file. My question is that I am on a mac and would like to get the direct IP multiplayer working again. Is there anyway for me to host a multiplayer game (more than 2!) on a mac these days? Thanks in advance for any advice.

(February 10th, 2017, 01:40)ntjunk2 Wrote: Greetings.  I used to direct IP host multiplayer Civ 4 on a mac for about 6 or 7 players a few years ago and it was a lot of fun.  We tried to restart our multiplayer Civ 4 nights tonight and discovered that only one guest could enter the staging room with the others not able to establish a "peer connection" or something like that.  I did some googling which led me to this thread.  I believe there is some fix for PCs involving a "hosts" file.  My question is that I am on a mac and would like to get the direct IP multiplayer working again.  Is there anyway for me to host a multiplayer game (more than 2!) on a mac these days?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sounds very much like an issue with the NAT negotiation.

I can't do any tests on a Mac, but I think it's likely that it will just work exactly like for the Windows (or Linux) version. Take a look at this description http://www.imore.com/how-edit-your-macs-...would-want and use the lines from the first post of this thread. Note that everybody in the game has to do it, otherwise it won't work. You should also setup port forwarding as usual for Civ.

(February 10th, 2017, 14:07)Zulan Wrote: Sounds very much like an issue with the NAT negotiation.

I can't do any tests on a Mac, but I think it's likely that it will just work exactly like for the Windows (or Linux) version. Take a look at this description http://www.imore.com/how-edit-your-macs-...would-want and use the lines from the first post of this thread. Note that everybody in the game has to do it, otherwise it won't work. You should also setup port forwarding as usual for Civ.

We were able to get three people into a new world the other night and played 3,350 years problem-free.  Awesome.  Thanks so much for your efforts and the good advice.

The server seems down, and the civ.zulan.net too.

(July 20th, 2017, 15:06)EvilLurksInternet Wrote: The server seems down, and the civ.zulan.net too.

Yup. frown It was working two night ago.  I sent Zulan an email through the forum here late last night.  Hopefully it's just a glitch...

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."

(July 20th, 2017, 15:06)EvilLurksInternet Wrote: The server seems down, and the civ.zulan.net too.

Halp! I second this. I was hoping to play a multiplayer game with some friends tonight!

Has anyone made contact with Zulan?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Yes -- people on civforum.de have noticed the problem as well and informed him
Zulan Wrote:Ich kann mich leider erst heute Nachmittag um das Problem kuemmern, es ist moeglicherweise auch etwas Groesseres, insofern kann ich nicht sagen wielange es andauert.

Leider hat mich gestern keine Info erreicht - immerhin bin ich noch nicht im Urlaub
(source)

For those who don't speak Master Race, he's looking into the problem this afternoon, but can't say how long it might take to fix.