For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Multiplayer after GameSpy - Lobby and NatNeg

Did the connection problem still exists,, Mulder?
The server process is running and the logs of our Pitboss game logs show several successful connection attempts.

(February 4th, 2018, 06:18)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: Did the connection problem still exists,, Mulder?
The server process is running and the logs of our Pitboss game logs show several successful connection attempts.

Not sure.  We haven't had a chance for all three of us to get back on at the same time again.  That was the issue.  We were able to before, but then not.  We have just been taking turns asynchronously until the planets align again and our schedules allow us to play at the same time.  I'll keep you updated.

this work without pitboss? i can use the exe or host archive to play a normal multiplayer in vanilla version?

Hello.

Thank you very much for your near perfect solution Zulan ! Connecting to "GameSpy" and see the online games is magic !

But we have a problem with mods : we can't play few mods (Fall From Heaven 2 for exemple) with the internet lobby system.

When we use no moad, we see the game in the lobby.
When we use a certain mod (for exemple Dune Wars Revival), we can see the game and join it.

But with Fall From Heaven 2, we can't.

If we use EvolveHQ software (which create a virtual lan) and direct IP connexion, we can play to Fall From heaven 2 with no problem.

We don't understand the problem. Can you help us please ?

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to play civ 4 with my friend recently but with no success.
Direct IP connection doesn't work for some reason (most likely due to the fact that i cannot forward any ports because of my double NAT'd router and dynamic IP address)
Gameranger doesn't work due to a similar reason.

I've been considering to buy Civ 4 on steam for me and a friend but I have to be sure whether it will work there. Other steam games such as dota, counter strike and whatnot work perfectly fine.

Does an older game like Civ 4 use steam's own multiplayer system (or whatever its called) or it still connects via Direct IP or LAN??

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been answered before because I couldn't find it :|

(March 22nd, 2020, 05:50)misapisa Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've been trying to play civ 4 with my friend recently but with no success.
Direct IP connection doesn't work for some reason (most likely due to the fact that i cannot forward any ports because of my double NAT'd router and dynamic IP address)

I've been considering to buy Civ 4 on steam for me and a friend but I have to be sure whether it will work there. Other steam games such as dota, counter strike and whatnot work perfectly fine.

Does an older game like Civ 4 use steam's own multiplayer system (or whatever its called) or it still connects via Direct IP or LAN??

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been answered before because I couldn't find it :|

Hi,
This week I was able to play Civ IV with a friend using direct IP connexion. And it was all right (we didn't play very long, just a trial, but it worked). The key for connexion is forwarding the 2056 port of the router.
A work around, as I heard, is using Hamachi and playing as a LAN connexion (a local connexion).
I don't have Civ on Steam, so I can not tell you about it.
If you want, mail me and we can make a trial with Hamachi

Does PBSpy support sequential PB? And would emails be sent at turn roll, or at start of the respective players turn?

(March 22nd, 2020, 05:50)misapisa Wrote: I've been trying to play civ 4 with my friend recently but with no success.
[…]
I assume Double NAT and dynamic IP are not be problematic. Just forward at router 1 Port 2056 to router 2 and then to your PC. If you got different IP in your local network you could adapt your network settings. (If your router is not smart enough to change the NAT rules by MAC address)

The (default) Steam variant of Civ4 does support the multiplayer system by Steam. This could be useful in your scenario, but had also drawbacks: No Pitboss support and player limits on 4.

(March 27th, 2020, 11:16)Cornflakes Wrote: Does PBSpy support sequential PB? And would emails be sent at turn roll, or at start of the respective players turn?

This is currently not supported. Reason for this is mainly because the turn subscribing is not connected with one (or multiple) player slots. Thus, PBSpy had no information which player should be get informed by the mail and who not.

Will PBSpy still connect and function with sequential PB, even if the turn notifications aren’t working? We can send quick emails to the next person in turn order.

(March 28th, 2020, 14:59)Cornflakes Wrote: Will PBSpy still connect and function with sequential PB, even if the turn notifications aren’t working? We can send quick emails to the next person in turn order.

PBSpy works with sequential PB. Unusual might be the display of the turn status of all players. If Player X had to move, Players 0, …, X-1, X+1, … ,N are as marked finished (* in score list).