For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

EitB v13 Wishlist/Progress

That's close enough to what I'd want. My gut says you've somewhat overnerfed Governor's Manors, but not by much and I'm not sure; probably have to test to be confident.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(June 23rd, 2016, 11:50)Mardoc Wrote: That's close enough to what I'd want. My gut says you've somewhat overnerfed Governor's Manors, but not by much and I'm not sure; probably have to test to be confident.

Agreed. Do people test these in SP/duel or something similar? Of course it can be hard to see the effect of changes fully until a real MP game.

(June 22nd, 2016, 18:05)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Possibly could get it in the form of the specific files that will need to be altered, rather than a full build.

Edit: I mean these are pretty easy things to do, if anyone wants to put the time into it. But it does take time, especially when things get screwed up and the need to test everything.

Q, I volunteer to test anything you need or help with the "easy work". I have loads of time at the moment. Isn't it mostly just changing XML code (at least most of the changes you mentioned in your post?) or how far from the truth I am here? smile

(June 23rd, 2016, 14:06)Aurorarcher Wrote: Q, I volunteer to test anything you need or help with the "easy work". I have loads of time at the moment. Isn't it mostly just changing XML code (at least most of the changes you mentioned in your post?) or how far from the truth I am here? smile

Changing the number of pop killed/added by River of Blood requires a python change, but I think everything else involves XML.

Taxation might be more thematic than Mathematics for Manors, but that's a pretty expensive tech.

Even Mathematics is fairly late. That's starting to get to the point where the beaker investment is high enough that the game might be over anyway by the time a player gets around to researching it. Still, that might not be a bad thing. Moroi are theoretically kept in check by being 25% more expensive than their base counterparts, which is effectively irrelevant with the Manor hammer bonus. Removing it makes it more difficult for the Calabim to both rush and economically develop at the same time.

(June 22nd, 2016, 21:10)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Changes for v1:
FT goes to +25% trade route, from +50%
Remove the +1% food from FT (Bug)
Vampires goes to 5/5 str, from 6/5
Governors Manors now at Mathematics
River of Blood now requires Feudalism, gives +3/-3 pop

Warrens goes to -1gpt

Okay, I've created modified files with all of these changes included, plus some of the new 'pedia entries that were accidentally left out of v12. I also included a "fix" for Celestial Compass: It still doesn't do anything -- it never has, actually, even in base FFH2 -- but at least it doesn't lie about it as flagrantly (or babble about spaceship parts). Anything else?

I'm inclined to call this v12.1 since the number of substantive changes from v12 is small (12 is still the current standard, right?) but I can go with 13.0 or 13.1 or whatever you guys prefer.

These are easy changes to make, by the way, so if the consensus is that e.g. Mathematics is the wrong tech for Governors' Manors or whatever, I can switch that up again. Actually fixing Celestial Compass might be doable too, but even finding out if I can do it would take some more digging, and I likely won't have time for the attempt.

[EDIT: Also, let me know where to send the resulting zipped mod folder for testing and/or linking. I don't really have any off-site web hosting of my own.]

Wow, thanks Ref! If you email the zipped files to me, I'll host them on dropbox and post the link here. (XX)

This won't be an official version, it'll just be used for any MP games that start between now and when v13 comes out.

Edit: I don't have time to test anything, so if someone would like to do that as well, that would be golden. Testing for me doesn't follow a strict regimen, but just implementing the changes and playing around with them in-game by e.g. checking the civilopedia, starting games, editing the building/tech in and seeing if it works as expected, and so on.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

One thing for discussion: the old River of Blood spell didn't affect size 2 or size 1 cities. Does it make sense for the revised spell to reduce size 4, 3, and 2 cities to size 1? I think so, since the spell comes later and we're adding power to it to compensate. Not hitting size 3 or 2 cities weakens the spell.

Sounds good. Q, I just e-mailed the modified xml and python files, which can be distributed into the relevant folders; let me know if you need anything else. I've done some very basic playtesting to make sure everything seems to be working as intended, mostly using worldbuilder to create grossly artificial scenarios.

Dave, my current implementation of the new Rivers of Blood has no effect on [EDIT: other players'] cities of size less than 4 (just as the original had no effect on those of size less than 3). I think I could also make it reduce smaller cities to size 1, but I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if it would actually work correctly. If that's the consensus, I'll have a look when/if I have a chance though.