Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

EitB v13 Wishlist/Progress

Bug, and a know one. You see it particularly with Hyborem (though he might have got hacked to fix it).

Unfortunately, I don't really fix bugs.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Should there be a thread where known bugs are listed, so folks can watch out for them (and/or find them in the code and suggest fixes for v13...)? I noticed a handful as well that I was waiting to report until I documented them better and had suggestions to offer - e.g. the Celestial Compass appears to have no effect on Ritual production (supposedly its primary effect) except on the production details mouseover.

Historically, bugs go here, which is something I intend to continue.

In fact, I might move those posts.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Don't know if this is known (I went from v9 to v12 and might have missed a few notifications)

Celestial Compass seems to be bugged, in several way, when building a ritual :
- wrong displaying info (spaceship reference) in the production pop-up box (cosmetic bug)
- not taken into account when adding production, so discrepancy between pop-up box and production number (real bug)

Jabah

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The first one is known.

For the second, I don't know what is going on. Thanks!

One of the few features that needs its implementation sorted out is the starting units for later eras. Alongside that we can look at adding an intermediate era between Discovery and Thaw. Oh, and something something fix religions. Here's the current setup:

(October 30th, 2014, 03:44)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Thaw: Standard Start

Discovery:
Normal Units

Agriculture
Exploration
Crafting
Ancient Chants

Calender
Animal Husbandry
Fishing
Cartography
Hunting
Mining
Masonry
Education
Mysticism

Archery
Bronze Working
Expansion:
Normal Units AND
Worker
Archer

All the Discovery techs AND
Festivals
Horseback Riding
Construction
Writing
Warfare
Code of Laws
Knowledge of the Ether
Way of the Forests
Way of the Earthmother
Philosophy
Message from the Deep

Forest of Leaves founded on T5 (roughly)
Runes of Kilmorph founded on T5 (roughly)
Octopus Overlords founded on T5 (roughly)
Innovation:
Normal units AND
Longbowman
Worker

All the Expansion techs AND
Sailing

Trade
Optics
Poisons
Animal Handling
Smelting
Sanitation
Mathematics
Military Strategy
Currency
Necromancy
Elemntalism
Divination
Alteration
Hidden Paths
Arete
Priesthood
Orders from Heaven
Honor
Corruption of Spirit
Mind Stapling

Astronomy
Bowyers
Medicine
Feudalism

All religions founded
Mastery:
Normal units AND
Scout
Warrior
Settler with bonus
Two Longbowman
Worker

All the Innovation techs AND
Drama
Deception
Feral Bond
Stirrups
Iron Working
Engineering
Taxation
Sorcery
Fanatacism
Religious Law
Infernal Pact

Arcane Lore

All religions founded

Hyborem Summoned

Current thoughts are

*Mastery having 4 settlers, 5 workers, 4 archers, axe, hunter + Normal Starting Units. Longbowmen are too powerful IMO to be available immediately.
*Discovery having 1 worker, warrior, scout, + Normal starting units.
*Intermediary era (Awakening?) has Normal Units plus first row of techs? Can be adjusted back or forward as you prefer, but I don't think it should have a worker.

That's as far as I've got. Go nuts!

I think the Mastery LB are necessary to avoid getting stomped by barbs, no? I'm not certainly why only warriors and goblins have spawned in our PBEM (and LB in cities), but I'm pretty sure the barbs at that tech level should normally be really hardcore.

I wouldn't take LBs out. My tests with Mastery have showed up pretty deadly barbs (even Eidolons) before T20.

@Bob: Maybe Barb's techs got messed up in the mapmaking process somehow (I'm just guessing here, I have no idea really).

My instinct is that the internal turn number was reset for the barbs somehow, even though it seems to be displaying correctly.

Hmm. I'd really like to take them out, as they basically shut down early aggression, especially from Hyborem - but maybe that's more of a SP thing. Honestly, I want to give champions to each player rather than LBs (reservation is in the vamp/ogre-push that would precipitate).

Yeah, I think that's largely a SP thing. I mean, we probably don't even want to run MP games here where rushes so early that only the starting units are relevant are a regular occurrence.